fixin to buy a new tractor, need your opinion

Help Support CattleToday:

LaneFarms

Reaction score
I am looking at a JD 6615 and a NH TS 115 both with cabs. I tested the 6615 and it is alright but was just looking for other peoples experiences and problems with these two models of tractors. Thanks

I have been told that the New Holland trans. and rear end are made in Italy. May be OK, but I just don't like Italian machinery.

I don't know where their made. I do like the women they make in Italy and their descendants though :lol: :lol: , I'm married to one. :D :stop: Or is that my girlfriend that's Italian. :?: :?: :lol: :lol: I'm just kidding, I'm faithful to my wife!!!

Most of New Hollands larger(50-150 hp) tractors are made in Italy. You didnt state which transmission that you were looking at, but I would not get the clutchless shuttle. Yes this is a nice feature, but there are just too many potentiometers, pressure switches, etc. If one of these goes out your tractor is in limp mode. I used to work at a New Holland dealer, so I have seen some of the problems first hand. If you dont want a really fancy tractor with all the bells and whistles, etc. You might want to take a look at the TM series of tractors also. Hope this helps. Kyle

I have had good luck with the TS Series New Holland,they are heavy enough to make good haying tractors and light enough to trailer field to field...........good luck

HAY MAKER":87k4m3ib said:
I have had good luck with the TS Series New Holland,they are heavy enough to make good haying tractors and light enough to trailer field to field...........good luck

Hay Maker which transmission did you get the 12X12 or 24X24 I plan on getting my dealer to order one for me Monday and it has the 24X24 I think he said it was in Texas.

I bought a solaris (Same) made in Italy; 35 hp 4-wheel drive
with a Mits. diesel engine. I bought this new about four years ago and right now I have right at 800 hours on it and they are very hard hours. No problems! The only thing I do not like about the tractor is the fuel tank is in front of the radiator and it only holds about six gallons of fuel. On the newer models the fuel tank is behind the motor which makes it alot nicer. My tractor costed me about $12,500.00 new! ETW

LaneFarms":1jvrllcc said:
HAY MAKER":1jvrllcc said:

Hay Maker which transmission did you get the 12X12 or 24X24 I plan on getting my dealer to order one for me Monday and it has the 24X24 I think he said it was in Texas.

I got the ole cheap 12x12 and of course I always wondered about the 24x24,if I buy a new one,might get the 24x24 would depend on the dollars,there has been times when one gear was to low and the next to high,its alot easier to match rpm to ground speed with the 24x24,but we get it done with the 12 speed...............good luck

I was very close to buying 4WD TL-90A cab tractor until I looked at the new McCormicks. I ended up buying a CX-105 xtrashift McCormick. Ford tractors are all I ever owned until this McCormick and so far I like it very well. Thats just my 2 cents for what its worth. Good luck with what ever you get .

Latest posts