fixed knot field fence

Help Support CattleToday:

ugabulldog

Reaction score
I am running new fence on hilly and curved terrain. I was looking at fixed knot to save on number of line posts needed but thought it might not work as good on hills as hinged knot wire? Any experience?

It will work fine. Just have to add in a couple posts here and there in a draw or on a knoll to staple it to. I've put it up in plenty of rough spots in the mountains of VA and NC.

MBfGz-P44GcSSO8JMHXoUe9zAUC8NqGfK6IX7fX8aOsgrxoaa6E3adnsGUCJh5DqdpF48yiqF7bX0InnrkaSogXkoTtsyBXbuzeoMWzZGVtUWHNGBybyYoEIhJk6ca8VSz8IhOJkzTmLZ5StIk-CRPT5kDPR4TZN0w1Qp3sAVSTvfX9XxMl_918glmHQc8CaO3r23v3kosUScdaux94SGZiizjWlD1eY4eusfeV9At35P0BLSMUulxCO4Ahz0qYUile4-va1HeL-Y_NaXxO7rcKnGSrlgmmYnJ-24j-mFRN5SiNx8ZC_Ge9RDEi76pKlP1h1zmm9MgVedVh0xFmCCS08nQVf7iI6Fhmf2O_DGWm36BPrJAGG_uj4eRzCkHXLkHgNr19U9zQsdBLmtBofXlaOWtC2oPX5qNOJIkVx_5SCymmI7hUEvlCwRSw-sL2VTkuXaZYpB2X_n_0HwMEFRgGkubZStLsDVdZ6kZK-HayIymLUOuY1L-WJkLODq9sRjSJz0VmHZIyozyPM3qC8im79X4lg8DbXpgmscO-uvC9Of7aIOsbrOURoD20b5wb-x6o=w940-h705-no

Fixed knot net makes a better fence in any terrain. Like said above you need to put a well set post in extreme low spots to keep from pulling tpost up.
Let's say in a valley you get some slack in the top of the net. (Opposite on a hill) use a goldenrod stretcher to pull the slack out of the horizontal wires. Cut the wire and splice it back with a staytuff crimp. Do one at a time.
I hope that makes sense.

Walked out and took pics just for you lavaca. :tiphat:
Fixed knot has a solid wire for the vertical stay.
Much stiffer fence.

Fixed knot

Not a fixed knot

OK, gottcha. Type of net wire fencing. I've seen it and used it but never knew what it was called. That's it, I've learned my one thing today. Now I can go back to sleep. :lol:

Latest posts