Fix it or trade it off?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
We got a Long tractor that needs a clutch job, thinking should we trade it or fix it? Thing with the Longs are that they are defunct out of business, but we still owe about $3,000 on it-all in all its been a good 4WD loading tractor, I'm thinking fix it would be more wise, any thoughts?

GMN

Fix it if you can find the parts. Otherwise take the lumps (like a lot of folks did) and get rid of it

as said id fix it.if you can get the parts.as said its worth more to you if you can get it back to going.an it doesnt have much trade in value anyway.an it sure aint worth nothing if it aint running.

Find a junker for parts if you can. Something is broke now, something will break again. Getting parts will only get worse and what parts are left will continue to get higher. If you cannot find a junker or a decent parts supply then take the lumps.

GMN":23wt1l1e said:
We got a Long tractor that needs a clutch job, thinking should we trade it or fix it? Thing with the Longs are that they are defunct out of business, but we still owe about $3,000 on it-all in all its been a good 4WD loading tractor, I'm thinking fix it would be more wise, any thoughts?

GMN

Try Wengers of Myerstown for parts.

http://www.wengers.com/parts/Farm-Tract ... ent/01.htm

Any decent Brake and Clutch shop should be able to reline that disc and rebuild the Pressure plate if there is one......the release mechanism might be another story. Why do you say it needs a " clutch job?" What is the complaint? What is the history?

Its still in use, having clutch issues and will need to be repaired soon. We have a few sources that we have found parts for it in the past, and I'm sure that it will just get fixed.

GMN

Latest posts