Fishing West coast

Help Support CattleToday:

tamarack

Reaction score
Went with a few friends fishing on west coast of Vancouver island first time fishing salt water had a blast got some Chinook and Coho salmon.

I know the pic looks goofy but was picking up by gills and it slipped and I grabbed it with other hand when took pic could have been a few beers threw in the mix.

shuckin oysters for supper and Coho fresh out of ocean

Looks like a good bright colored chinook! Congrats! Good meat and good eats! Fall chinook fishery just got started here in Oregon, I live in western Oregon, I hope I get some shared by the locals who know me. Salmon fisherman/women are the biggest azz holes I have ever met..... Why I quit fishing.

Grilled, butter on the grill and straight salt and pepper, served with baby red or baby yellow potatoes. No stick on the grill and it doesn't take long to cook! little lemon juice is good also.

Looks like you had a great time!

Alan

Those are the glamour fish, but did you catch any of the best eating fish? The various Rockfish are such good eating they should be classified as BEEF

Wanted to try for halibut and cod but the day we were supposed to go it was really foggy and we trolled around till the fog lifted in the open ocean and then the boat wouldn't start we had 4 hr trip back home with trolling motor so that is next on my bucket list one guy did catch a black bass and a red rock fish of some kind they were really good. I really want halibut and ling cod we ate some that people next door gave us.It was great.

Way back in high school I worked on the salmon charter boats out of Westport. It was a starve to death job and we ate salmon until it came out our ears. One of the tourist would catch a ling cod and say what is that ugly thing. We would be on them like stink on a skunk. One of us would be telling them it was a scrap fish. The other would be baiting their hook and giving advise on how to catch a salmon. The "scrap fish" would disappear from sight only to find its way to our table that night. Ok it was a little dishonest but you try eating salmon 5, 6, or 7 days a week. The ling cod tasted great. It still does. I eat ling cod any time I have the oppurtunity but you can't force me to eat salmon.

Latest posts