Fishing Question

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds":30w8l633 said:
UFB i am not an idiot. My old line goes into to the burn barrel.
I hate tripping over line that is left on the banks and cuss the jerks who leave it there every time.

lilmac not a good day for me so yes I will take offense. i used to flyfish with my dad years ago going after trout and white fish. Now it is my sons turn to learn to not snag his line in the raspberry bushes.

Sorry if I wanted a heavier line to deal with the river currents. We have gold eye, sauger, sturgeon, catfish, trout and several different fish in our area and you never know what is going to hit on which bait. the paddle fish are down river below fort peck.

I just wanted to know how you guys re set line on your reel. I didn't ask for a lesson in how i have such a poor choice in line test weight.

Hey ILH, I too intended no offense and sorry you took it as such. I think we all just wanted to help you with your problem. One of the solutions was to use the correct line for that rod and reel. Again, sorry for any offense.

I'm sorry. :( :heart:
I had a really bad day yesterday and shouldn't have snapped at you guys. I apoligize.

I can't believe that anyone would throw their old line in the river, I was totally shocked by that. :?

ILH I am hoping today is a better day for you guys, You have her calf still. I remember her pic from last year .. She is a beauty; so hold onto that. You did what you had to, dairy cattle are heartbreakers sometimes and it seems like anything that they can get sick or die from they will find a way to get it.

Hugs.. :heart:

ga.prime":d2otun75 said:
I luv herfrds":d2otun75 said:
I had a really bad day yesterday and shouldn't have snapped at you guys. I apoligize.
Do you ever have any good days?

Thanks a lot man. :mad: We were just getting her calmed down now you done got her all riled up again. :shock:

3waycross":3ryejdc9 said:
ga.prime":3ryejdc9 said:
I luv herfrds":3ryejdc9 said:
Do you ever have any good days?

Thanks a lot man. :mad: We were just getting her calmed down now you done got her all riled up again. :shock:

ILH is an ETM; I am sure she can take it.. ;-)

Thanks HD I needed that laugh. :lol2: :heart:
I'm going to miss Chocolate licking me on the back and head as I milked her, just wished I had caught the problem sooner.
Trying to find another pure bred Jersey. I had already sold the calf to our vet. :(

gaprime yes I do have good days. Just picked up a bunch of baby chicks today. Taking my kids fishing, taking my son hunting, playing practical jokes on the hubby, playing jokes on fellow EMS personal.
I try to not complain on here, but when you lose that good friend and you do not have anyone to really talk to anymore it is hard to always be cheerful.

Another thing you may want to try is spider wire or something of that nature.It is smaller line but heaiver test.I use it on my ultralight to small mouth bass fish.Everything puts on a good fight that way and the line will hold it.Have caught everything from native (brook) trout to walleye on the same rod and reel.

rusty I have 30# test spider line on my reel.
I cannot find my spool of leftover line though.
Need a new reel though my is giving up the ghost now.

I picked up a new rod and reel yesterday. Now I can hardly wait to try them out.
Got a 6'6" Ugly Stik. Has a nice feel to it. A Zebco 10/30 reel to go with it. Came with 8# test on it.

My other set up is over 20 years old and the reel was wearing out.

Got the daughter her own tackle box too. :D

Now just spool it with a good half inch rope and your problems are solved

Ha Ha Dun.

Smart alec.

Hey I'm learning to do vein punctures next week for EMS and need a volunteer, want to help? ;-)

I luv herfrds":6e4t2isw said:
Ha Ha Dun.

Smart alec.

Hey I'm learning to do vein punctures next week for EMS and need a volunteer, want to help? ;-)

Thanks a lot ILH for that little dizzy spell. Personally I'd rather be shot than ever have another vein punctured. I always seem to get the nurse who flunked that part of class. Of course after making my veins roll around for 10 or 15 min they usually proclaim in a shaky voice "Gee mister you sure have funny veins"...it ain't that funny to me :help:

3waycross":1rpr75ng said:
I luv herfrds":1rpr75ng said:
Ha Ha Dun.

Smart alec.

Thanks a lot ILH for that little dizzy spell. Personally I'd rather be shot than ever have another vein punctured. I always seem to get the nurse who flunked that part of class. Of course after making my veins roll around for 10 or 15 min they usually proclaim in a shaky voice "Gee mister you sure have funny veins"...it ain't that funny to me :help:
3way....after about the 3rd poke you should have told her "give me that needle....I've been mainlining most of my life". :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts