100_1697.jpg

Teaching my son to crab.

100_0482_0042_042.jpg

100_0450_0062_062.jpg

Waiting for a bite.........
100_0489_0037_037.jpg

There it is.........
100_0477_0046_046.jpg

Look, I caught Nemo. Don't worry, I threw it back ;-)
100_0458_0058_058.jpg

Nothing like fresh oysters. Free lunch in the marsh.
100_0461_0056_056.jpg

Sorry, I don't know how to make the pictures smaller.

Heck of a lunch you got prepared there. That red was something else to. Oh, the first picture. That is truly Captain Nemo isn't it? Is he hard to serve under? Does he believe in floggings or lashings or does he just make ya walk the plank when you are insulant? ;-)

Is that a turtle on the boat? You were fishing for a turtle?
I'll bet if turtles could talk....... :shock:

Wonderful pics ~ so different from how things are done up here, it was fun to see. :tiphat:

Nice pics 8) That looks like a heck of a lot of fun. What do you do with the crabs? and how do you eat them?

My son's a trooper when it comes to fishing. He said he doesn't want to play allstars this summer because it will interfear with fishing trips. Angie, we wern't fishing for turtle, catching one while fishing for redfish is pretty rare, but I did throw it back. Those things are so protected they would have probably arrested half my family and close friends had I got caugth with it. Mnmtranching, the crabs, we eat them boiled. Season the water, boil for awhile, and pick out the meat. Some of the best meat in the world.

Your'e making me miss my time I spent in Belle Chasse, La. Remember some good trips I had in Venice and other parts around there. Haven't gone crabbing in years.

Great pics. Seem like ya'll had a great time.

Thanks for posting.

Dang nice microwave. I want one. Want one bad. Explain how it works and the setup please. Patent laws and stopped me yet! ;-)

Jogeephus":5lreies2 said:
Dang nice microwave. I want one. Want one bad. Explain how it works and the setup please. Patent laws and stopped me yet! ;-)
I don't have the measurements on hand, but it's basically a pylwood box with sheetrock tacked to the inside for insulation, covered with aluminum sheeting that I got from the local newspaper.(like thin flashing) It's printing sheets, you just have to wipe the ink off with thinner and line the box with it. For the lid, You have to make a fire tray out off 1/4" iron. 3" angle iron for the frame, 1/4" plate on the bottom,(edges out, you need 2" gap between the fire tray and the wood lid frame. Wrap the wood lid frame with aluminum to.) It's aluminum or very thin stainless, anyway it works. Make a grill for the meat 3" off the bottom so you have a room for a pan underneath. If not, greese gets in the cracks and smells funky after storing.
The fire is built on top with anything from scraps to charcoal, doesn't matter, the smoke doesn't get inside. It cooks slow. It's one of those things, while you are camping that you start around 10 am, pass back later and throw a few pieces of wood on to keep the heat, or get a drunk friend that doesn't fish or hunt or( camp dog )to see about keeping a lil fire going.( not too big a fire or it will burn the wood behind the sheeting, unless you are watching it and putting alot of heat at the end to get the hog skin to crackle) It will be done for supper. It will cook what an oven does, thermomenter is helpful, The cement blocks in the picture were because the wind was blowing. Window on the box is just fancy, some don't have this.

Look up cajun microwaves on the net and you will see some very nice ones,( good idea, but) they might cost $ 500 to $800 dollars, You can build the one pictured with scraps around the farm for no more than $75 or less.

Latest posts