Fish Finders

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of technical minds here to explain this gadget to me.
While I watch the fish finder, the fish always go in the same direction, and I never see one turning around. They all go at the same speed, and slowly go off the screen.

Why do I not see the fish coming from a different direction?
It reminds me of a video game. Someone explain this technology to me...

I'm assuming you are talking about 2d?

If so, you're screen scrolls right to left only. That's the only direction you will see them coming.

If you are using the newer 360* I think you can see it on there. I don't have 360*, bought cows about the time it came out, so I've fallen behind. I do have side imaging though and it's nice

talltimber":ql80rpxu said:
I'm assuming you are talking about 2d?

If so, you're screen scrolls right to left only. That's the only direction you will see them coming.

If you are using the newer 360* I think you can see it on there. I don't have 360*, bought cows about the time it came out, so I've fallen behind. I do have side imaging though and it's nice

Mine is an older version that sees both sides and under you still see what is in the cone no matter the angle. Where it really shows up is the depth finder on the bow mounted on the troll motor versus the transom as images show up puts things in perspective

The fish finders are pretty interesting to look at as it gives the depth of each fish. I like it when it shows a hole or cavity in the floor or the lake and there is a really big fish that just fits in it. The first thing I think of is a catfish the size of my body down below, like the pictures you see hanging up in the bait shops.

Latest posts