First Vegas calf born

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
Packin Special one of the heifers I've been advertising for sale calved this morning or last night in the rain unassisted. It was my new bull Vegas's 1st that I bought from Hill Country Cattle Company. It's a nice solid black polled heifer calf. I'm probably going to keep her now and shut my advertisement down on her. But now as I was typing this I got a phone call for the heifers from another Simmental breeder. I have never sold pairs before. I guess I'm asking how much would you ask for a Reg. Heifer with her first purebred calf. I was offered $1800 each for both heifers, one with a calf and one due next month and to meet him at a halfway point with them. Anyway I'm thinking it over. It's raining the reason for no pics.

That would be cheap for the pair around here. At least $2,250. And $1,750 for the beed and additional for delivering.

Yes I thought it a bit cheap too but I know cattle are cheaper around KY-TN. I offered the pair for $2100 and the Bred for $1800 plus meeting him halfway at no charge. I might call him back with a counter offer but I'm likely going to retain them. I could use the money but I think they might be better assets to me in the years to come. My intention was to pull all ads after they calved if still here. Anyway thanks for responding elkwc. I'll update thread later.

Camera Battery was dying so I didn't get a good pic this evening after the rain but here is the one pic I got between each time the battery died. She deserved a nice drink of cool county water for delivering this nice heifer calf like momma's are supposed to.

Called and offered a counter offer last night got a phone call back this morning him saying he'll go ahead and buy them. Buyer is out of TN.
Thanks Joe. She's being a good mother and has a good udder. Calf is just what I hoped she would have a perfect size solid black polled go getter born with ease.

FlyingLSimmentals":1prjz14r said:
Called and offered a counter offer last night got a phone call back this morning him saying he'll go ahead and buy them. Buyer is out of TN.
Thanks Joe. She's being a good mother and has a good udder. Calf is just what I hoped she would have a perfect size solid black polled go getter born with ease.

Nice, Mike.

Latest posts