First timer from NC

Help Support CattleToday:

Zsk7687

Reaction score
Hey all, first time cattle owner in the Piedmont NC. Helped a buddy work his herd last year, and got the itch to give it a try myself. Back in February I dove right in (with a "partner") with 10 head - 5 heifers, 4 steers, and one bull from a local farm. I definitely appreciate the wealth of knowledge I've found on here so far. Looking forward to having a good place to ask questions, and learn the ins and outs.

Welcome! And if you've been perusing the forum for a while, you'll recognize friendly jabs.

Are those bred heifers? Or are you going to turn them out with your bull?
I'm going to turn them out with the bull. They are just now coming up on a year old

Hey all, first time cattle owner in the Piedmont NC. Helped a buddy work his herd last year, and got the itch to give it a try myself. Back in February I dove right in (with a "partner") with 10 head - 5 heifers, 4 steers, and one bull from a local farm. I definitely appreciate the wealth of knowledge I've found on here so far. Looking forward to having a good place to ask questions, and learn the ins and outs.
Where in the Piedmont? That's my territory! :)

welcome to the CT family. Hope your cattle adventure meats all your expectations. don't be shy and ask as many ?s as you like. their are many very knowledgeable members on here to help guild you along the way.

Latest posts