First Time

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
Mowing the lawn today.
The mower was running great when I parked it last Fall, so I pour it full of gas and it starts right up. Half an hour, and the machine is running great. It even seems like the blades are sharp. Then I hear a blade strike metal. Dang, what did I hit? But all seems well so I mow on, until something drags it all to a halt. That metal was a pin that mounts the deck. So the deck is dragging the ground, and I have to pick the thing up with a loader and move it all to solid ground.
Might as well do the annual tune up, I figure. Have to go to the dealer for the mounting pin anyway. I can't find the book which gives the parts numbers, but hey, the dealer will have that. Walk in the dealer and it is dark in there. Seems that a construction project has them out of electricity. Without computers they can't look up my parts. I come home (only 6 miles or so) empty handed.
How was your day?

Today was wonderful! Sloshed my way around and admired the flooded fields. Tried to drive and check on a project I've been working on but the county roads were washed out. Started to rain again. Decided that rather than drive around in the mud burning precious fossil fuels I'd just go home and enjoy not being able to do anything. :cowboy:

Jogeephus":1idg7i35 said:
Today was wonderful! Sloshed my way around and admired the flooded fields. Tried to drive and check on a project I've been working on but the county roads were washed out. Started to rain again. Decided that rather than drive around in the mud burning precious fossil fuels I'd just go home and enjoy not being able to do anything. :cowboy:

What's rain?

Texas Gal":3ah6jcv8 said:
Jogeephus":3ah6jcv8 said:

What's rain?

you got none of the recent rains up there?? Nor the hail night before last??

Well I got awaken by my brother this morning, calling to say that my steers were out and one was laying dead on the road. :help: I thought he was serious. :mad: :lol:

At least you didn't have to drive too far to go get the parts.
My day: Had an Animal Diseases exam and a Cropping Systems exam, back to back. Had Animal Science Techniques lab and got to play with dead repro tracts. Then I fell victim to my own April fools joke-I put a rubber band around the sprayer handle on the sink so that whoever turned the sink on would get sprayed. I forgot I did it and went to rinse out my supper dishes :roll:

LoveMoo11":1z801imf said:
At least you didn't have to drive too far to go get the parts.
My day: Had an Animal Diseases exam and a Cropping Systems exam, back to back. Had Animal Science Techniques lab and got to play with dead repro tracts. Then I fell victim to my own April fools joke-I put a rubber band around the sprayer handle on the sink so that whoever turned the sink on would get sprayed. I forgot I did it and went to rinse out my supper dishes :roll:

Ha, serves you right LM.. :lol2:

That is why I never play practical jokes on anyone as I am usually the one who falls for it in the end :help: ...

Good luck on your exams, I hope you aced them. :tiphat:

Need to mow also but hate to get that started.Good thing is hay and pasture look great.Trying to talk wife into letting me bale yard in hay not doing to well on that.