first show!

Help Support CattleToday:

cattleluvr18

Reaction score
well for being my first show, i think that i did pretty well. i got 3rd and the judge said that the only thing from gettin reserved was her foot. (she hurt it awhile back).thats kinda frustrating, but hey, its my first show. i didnt do so hot in showmanship, but i didnt get last in that either so i think that right there is a pretty good acomplishment for being my first show. and i didnt even use a show halter. :oops: whatever... the girl who did win showmanship shouldnt of won it in my opion but im not the judge. it was a really fast pace show, didnt even have time to get all my adhiesives in but she still looked nice. she behaved really good in the ring. so thats good. i got three dollars and a bucket! :p well thats about it. got some pics of corse. my sister took 35 but im only gonna put a few.
show014.jpg

show012.jpg

show011.jpg

show003.jpg

show001.jpg

Well Im glad to hear you did good keep up the work my first show would have been this weekend but my heifer got warts so now Im showing a junior heifer the 26th thats gonna be my first show and Im nervous

ok first thing i learned, dont be nervous, it doesnt help anything. truthfully, i wasnt nervous until i was standing outside of the ring and it finally hit me that this is it. (and i didnt cry either karlton :p ) im sorry that your heifer got warts. mine had one above her eye and butthole. they didnt do anything about it. good luck at your show.

and ill try and get some bigger pics.

i also told you not to get nervous. good job not crying :cry:
She looks good. nice job. watch how you hold your showstick.
Well any ways you did a good job. talk to you later

Great Job cattleluvr! Showmanship skills will come, you just need some more experience, thats all. From what I see in the pictures, she acted well, and she looks pretty good. The foot thing will hopefully heal and there will be more shows for her. I am just going to coach your pictures for a second..your face isnt turned toward the judge, (at least, I dont think he is straight ahead of you. if he is, then dont listen to this...hehe) ALWAYS be watching the judge. and hold your showstick correctly! alright, im done coaching. Sounds like you did a great job. Keep it up!

funny thing actually, i think the judge was over that way that i was lookin cause thats the one thing i did do right was look at the judge. i found a few other things wrong in some of my other pics. oh well. ive learned. thanks guys

Latest posts