FIRST MEETING TOMMOROW

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Well It is finally time for my first meeting at the water district as a director. They (water district) tried everthing to keep me out but the public voted and they have no choice. Well I have an issue with the person that fired my wife which they all know about, My question is. I keep everthing written down in a book and I get to see the hours they all worked and overtime, ect. well she has down 3 hours overtime on may 7th and I know for a fact that she was gone by 6:30 and that would be just 2 hours( which I have no problem with) should I ask tommorow about it it just let it be and let her bury herself in a deeper hole?

I am not the only one that seen her leave the office. I think it should be mentioned. None of the other board members keep eyes on things like this they just let her run the company the way she wants it run.

JHH":225fcpx4 said:
Well It is finally time for my first meeting at the water district as a director. They (water district) tried everthing to keep me out but the public voted and they have no choice. Well I have an issue with the person that fired my wife which they all know about, My question is. I keep everthing written down in a book and I get to see the hours they all worked and overtime, ect. well she has down 3 hours overtime on may 7th and I know for a fact that she was gone by 6:30 and that would be just 2 hours( which I have no problem with) should I ask tommorow about it it just let it be and let her bury herself in a deeper hole?

I am not the only one that seen her leave the office. I think it should be mentioned. None of the other board members keep eyes on things like this they just let her run the company the way she wants it run.

First of all, your main risk is harassment. This could be sexual or disciminatory. In my experience and training, do not take the risk. Women are not generally like men in this manner. I would continue to collect documented information and then when it comes time, let another do the dirty work. Usually, when firing someone or race or sex, it helps (lawsuits) to fire two at the same time of the other sex or another race.

I think what you will find out is she wil leave as soon as the economy gets better.

Angus Cowman":2f48be3y said:
well seems to me that the water district needs to invest in a time clock then everyone can be monitored on the hrs they work

Hourly employees with my firm use a thumbprint machine to clock in and out.

they know you have issues with personal in the office.so id let that issue of overtime go.because your right they would say you have an axe to grind.an that your only there to get even with said employee.

bigbull338":1gwziimv said:
they know you have issues with personal in the office.so id let that issue of overtime go.because your right they would say you have an axe to grind.an that your only there to get even with said employee.

I agree. Feed her enough rope then snatch it. I'm sure she has already built up some alliances on the pretence that you are going to grind an axe and she is probably ready for you now. Wait. Be patient. Let her put her guard down then you can feed her plenty of rope and document every inch of it then snatch it.

I thought the same thing, just let her make her own hole deeper. I do have to ask about some customer issues with cloudy water and she has told them ( and not politely) that the waterdistrict cant help them. I have a sample of one individuals and it looks like mud in the bottom after it settles. He had every inch of new line put in on his side because they said it was his side leaking and now it still looks the same.

Tommorow will be interesting. It is a small co. with 5 directors and 6 employees and no General Manager anymore she got him fired to. I just hope that she gets what is coming to her in the long run. I have been patient and guess will have to continue to be.

JHH":3lcd9suz said:

That is what time clocks are made for. Funny thing, most are put in for the hourly employees. The company I left a few years ago had them installed for the salaried folks as they were supposed to be on the job a minimum of X amount of hours. (punching someone else in or out was supposedly lethal. And the walls did have eyes.)

Hourly employees filled out time sheets and job reports. Supervisor (who punched the clock) was responsible for our time sheets to be correct.

1982vett":1kikz3c9 said:
JHH":1kikz3c9 said:

That is what time clocks are made for. Funny thing, most are put in for the hourly employees. The company I left a few years ago had them installed for the salaried folks as they were supposed to be on the job a minimum of X amount of hours. (punching someone else in or out was supposedly lethal. And the walls did have eyes.)

Hourly employees filled out time sheets and job reports. Supervisor (who punched the clock) was responsible for our time sheets to be correct.

We also have video cameras everywhere.

If you "write it down" you can be accused of fudgeing facts...you NEED a time clock for hard facts.. besides,you (I hope) didn't go in just to get this person out,you went in to do your best for the public (I hope) Don't go to the dark side.. work for truth,justice and the American Way!!

This gets real sticky, real fast.
The lady you have your eye on is the superintendent or the office manager, right? Is this company doing well or struggling? How many employees? How many customers?
The cloudy water is a problem with many rural systems. Not enough water moving in the long lines. Around here we also have a problem with manganese precipitating out of the water. It makes a black pellet which will settle in tanks and lines. I have had it plug the valve in a toilet.
One thing you should insist on is a good thorough audit by a CPA, every year. As a director, that is far more important than an hour here or there.
Does your board deal directly with each employee? Appoint a manager and deal with the manager and back them up. If the board deals directly with employees, you won't have time for much else.

around here we get most of our water from wells an lakes.an our water gets cloudy an foamy looking during the summer.an as far as i know theres nothing you can do about it.it clears up in the fall.

As mentioned before, you need a time clock to take all the guesswork out of it. Then you need to be nicey nice to this person and just wait for her to screw herself. You need to keep a paper trail on her, and everyone else for that matter. Periodic evaluations of staff take the guesswork out of who is doing what. You set the expectations, you hold them to it. If she can't hang with it, then let her go. You'll have everything bit of evidence you need on paper.

Do yourself a favor and do some research on Hostile Work Environment. That's what people are screaming now days when they get fired, so make sure that you aren't falling into that pit. It can mean almost anything.

Anyway, just do everything above boards. Set your expectations and keep them. Get a paper trail on that woman. She might just need some direction and she just might need to get gone.

peg4x4":3t9r980s said:
If you "write it down" you can be accused of fudgeing facts...you NEED a time clock for hard facts.. besides,you (I hope) didn't go in just to get this person out,you went in to do your best for the public (I hope) Don't go to the dark side.. work for truth,justice and the American Way!!

Well just got back.Took a total of 4 hrs and 20 min. Well she blew up and said I was out to get her. I have other issues to. None of the board members want a time clock they say everthing runs fine without it. They all wanted to know why I ran I said becuse you are letting things go down the drain. They all disagreed. I can just wait now until dec to have another friend run who thinks the same way. They all want me out.

I was the first one I think to ever run for that possition and get it. All others were appointed because no one ran. They will soon see the writing on the wall I hope.

john250":2zelyzxn said:
This gets real sticky, real fast.
The lady you have your eye on is the superintendent or the office manager, right? Is this company doing well or struggling? How many employees? How many customers?
The cloudy water is a problem with many rural systems. Not enough water moving in the long lines. Around here we also have a problem with manganese precipitating out of the water. It makes a black pellet which will settle in tanks and lines. I have had it plug the valve in a toilet.
One thing you should insist on is a good thorough audit by a CPA, every year. As a director, that is far more important than an hour here or there.
Does your board deal directly with each employee? Appoint a manager and deal with the manager and back them up. If the board deals directly with employees, you won't have time for much else.

Company is doing well. 7 employees I think I may have said 6 before. No manager she got him fired.CPA comes in every year. The acting manager sides with her because he is afraid I think.

I will just be patient. She will hang herself. Two of the employees are old enough to retire and they should, one of them is the acting manager. He still wants to work for the insurance I am sure.

We had a similiar thing happen in my area. The local water board was making a lot of changes and rate hikes that did not need to be made. They almost doubled the water bill on poultry producers in the area in a very short time. All other water fees went up very high as well. What you need to do is have other honest members in your community that are interested in doing a better job than the "good ole boys" on the board now and get out and work hard for the community to attend the night of the election meeting and vote them all in like we did. Once the community got behind the election things got straightened out or at least the process started. I hope you can get things done. Its a headache when you feel like your hands are tied and you cant do anything constructive. Just remember you are the first step to improvement. If the others want you out and dont want to be part of the solution then they are part of the problem. Best of Luck

Circle H Ranch