First little dip in the market I've seen

Help Support CattleToday:

i could buy longhorns at the sale for $400 but they rarely come through the ring. they are always small 500 to 700 pounds

MtnCows93":13druuj7 said:
i could buy longhorns at the sale for $400 but they rarely come through the ring. they are always small 500 to 700 pounds
500 to 700 sounds more like a Corriente than a longhorn, may not be, I would give 400.00 for some real longhorn and put a Char. bull on them and they will make money.

BRYANT":2cygw91m said:
MtnCows93":2cygw91m said:
500 to 700 sounds more like a Corriente than a longhorn, may not be, I would give 400.00 for some real longhorn and put a Char. bull on them and they will make money.

thats what a big cattle trader was doing on the farm i bought from him... he had 60 long horns with a char bull. you couldn't tell those calves were longhorn cross until they were at least 500 lbs+ .. he'd take them in at 400 lbs and get great money. he said most of them he had since he was teenager and he's like 50 years old.

yea they may be corriente, i wouldnt mind having a heard of them to put a charolais bull on but i would have to go to the sale every week for a year to make a herd lol

Latest posts