First Jerry Jeff walker

Help Support CattleToday:

I first saw Jerry Jeff in a Dive Bar in Key West, too many years ago to remember. That night LA Freeway became my favorite song for life. It was much later that learned he wrote "Mr. Bojangles". Legends will be missed. RIP

Jerry Jeff, Guy Clark, and Steven Fromholz in Fort Worth at the Bass Hall 2002 was great.

I saw him in a small bar in Ruidoso NM about 1985. He was suppose to do two 1 1/2 hr shows but never showed up for the first one. Finally came on about 10:30 but played straight through until they ran him and everybody else out at 2AM. It was a great show. Before he came on two guys came from the parking lot carrying one of those old 96 QT ice chests full of beer. They sat it down in front of the microphones and the band drank out of it all night.

He played this solo while the band took a break.

For those of you that may not know, Jerry Jeff was a big influence on Jimmy Buffett and played a big part in his developing his Key West Sound as a result of a trip they took together. It is well worth the read to look it up online.

He's not as well known nationally, but Johnny Bush was first. He died October 16. I'm a big fan of his music. He's a little more traditional "honky tonk" than most artists. He wrote the song "Whiskey River" that Willie Nelson recorded and made famous, but he recorded quite a few good songs of his own.

For those of you that may not know, Jerry Jeff was a big influence on Jimmy Buffett and played a big part in his developing his Key West Sound as a result of a trip they took together. It is well worth the read to look it up online.

Jerry Jeff also helped Ray Wylie Hubbard and Guy Clark get going in the music business.

Use too listen too Johnny Bush on Willies roadhouse..he and Tony Booth. had a strong Ray Price influence..

Latest posts