First in 20 years

Help Support CattleToday:

jnm303

Reaction score
Had a fully developed normal calf except stomach and intestines outside navel. I sent vet picture and he gave name of what it might be except google said that condition also had problem with spine. Spine normal in this calf.
This year I also had heifer push out breech calf and then just lay there so nose never got out of sack and another cow had calf at edge of creek so you can guess where calf ended up. I've always said farming is only business where you walk across pasture and throw $500 bills on ground.

Sorry to hear that. We've been having a rough year too. All kinds of problems that we normally don't have....navel infections, backwards calves, cow didn't get up to clean calf so it suffocated, multiple assisted births.

Had a fully developed normal calf except stomach and intestines outside navel. I sent vet picture and he gave name of what it might be except google said that condition also had problem with spine. Spine normal in this calf.
This year I also had heifer push out breech calf and then just lay there so nose never got out of sack and another cow had calf at edge of creek so you can guess where calf ended up. I've always said farming is only business where you walk across pasture and throw $500 bills on ground.

Sorry for your losses ! Always tough to lose them and I'm tender hearted so always sad to lose babies . My grandpa always said if you got em you gonna lose em , if you don't want to lose em then don't have em . Never makes me feel better about it !

Latest posts