First Day Mowing pasture

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
n6yxwk.jpg

34i4nsi.jpg

Get someone to bale it on the shares. You'd get something from it that way. Place looks good though.

TennesseeTuxedo":psh8fejv said:
highgrit":psh8fejv said:
Inyati, you need a better work ethic. :D Why aren't you or someone else baling your excess grass?

If you could see how steep it is on some of his hillsides you'd understand.
TT, knows. TT not far down that fenceline is where you looked over at me with serious concern and ask if we might turn over! We were in my utility vehicle and TT was on the downhill side. I have taken friends for rides who threaten to get out!!!!

I have been clipping some pastures also. I bought a new land pride flail mower. (6800 dollars ouch) but it does a great job. Mulches the grass and weeds and spreads out behind in a carpet looking cover.

Real nice Inyati! Looks like a park!
I am getting close to mowing mine also. If I don't, it makes it really hard to flood irrigate. Plus all the other reasons that I have stated in the past.

hurleyjd":3smzs94o said:
I have been clipping some pastures also. I bought a new land pride flail mower. (6800 dollars ouch) but it does a great job. Mulches the grass and weeds and spreads out behind in a carpet looking cover.
Do you like it better than a bushhog? How wide is it?

Looks good. I don't think anyone can go wrong bushhogging pastures, especially if you are not able to keep up with it with cattle....which at this time of year is hard to do. It may appear to be a waste of good hay, but organic matter needs to be returned to the soil and you can't get that from a bag.

Banjo":269u1l7u said:
hurleyjd":269u1l7u said:
Do you like it better than a bushhog? How wide is it?
Yes I like it because it mulches the grass and weeds and spreads it out. There are no windrows or clumps as with bush hog. It is 88 inches.Model number FM4188.

inyati13":1sobrxka said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1sobrxka said:
highgrit":1sobrxka said:
Inyati, you need a better work ethic. :D Why aren't you or someone else baling your excess grass?

If you could see how steep it is on some of his hillsides you'd understand.
TT, knows. TT not far down that fenceline is where you looked over at me with serious concern and ask if we might turn over! We were in my utility vehicle and TT was on the downhill side. I have taken friends for rides who threaten to get out!!!!
We've got some mean hills, too. My neighbor says that he doesn't get nervous until he has to hold his coffee cup sideways.

Latest posts