First calf

Help Support CattleToday:

david922

Reaction score
I have heifer that had her first calf (bull calf)This is the first calf we have got since getting some cows.I`m so happy.Black Angus :banana:

This is the first and only one so for,5 morre that can calf any time.Happy Cattleman. :banana:

david922":1bt1il2q said:
I have heifer that had her first calf (bull calf)This is the first calf we have got since getting some cows.I`m so happy.Black Angus :banana:
Well come on show us a pic of your baby!

That's great Dave, glad it went well. :bday: love to see a photo!!
Ive got two ready to go now, Will be my first and second god willing.
I'm not nervous.....
Bill

I dont no how to post a photo,the only pictures I have is on my cell phone.He sure is cute,black as charcoal.I`m very happy.

david922 where are you located? we have 3 on the ground now and the third was born friday the 21st @ about 7 degrees. we dont really like having them this cold but we do find it works better than march/ april, then it's not as cold but it's wet and muddy/cold so it has worked for us being frozen.

snickers":15d1wmdm said:
david922 where are you located? we have 3 on the ground now and the third was born friday the 21st @ about 7 degrees. we dont really like having them this cold but we do find it works better than march/ april, then it's not as cold but it's wet and muddy/cold so it has worked for us being frozen.
Except when the owner screws up & the cow spits out a calf (set of twins) out in a blizzard with no protection from the wind. Calves came early (10 days) with no real "sign" she was ready - so didn't get put in barn. Born DOA or froze - don't know - don't care - they're DEAD. Whole year wasted because of management :mad:

I`m in Rochelle,Georgia.About 150 miles south/east of Atlanta.When I talk about cold weather,I`m talking in the 20`s,thats cold for us.I`m still checking 3 times a day on the other 4 hefiers that could birth at any time.Very happy for the 1 little bull born on Friday.

I now have my second (bull) calf on the ground. These are all heifers that are calving ,having no problems,easy calving.They are black angus. Have 3 more to go.Happy ,Happy,Happy :banana:

That's great. Here's hoping for a repeat on the next 3 - which is the way all calving should go. We all talk about the disasters - but 99% of the time, mom spits them out, calf gets up & sucks. No problems. We just have to "on duty" for that 1% or so.

Latest posts