Reaction score
First Calf of the season.

calf002_zps46d364ba.jpg

calf003_zps31bf0483.jpg

e22d32c9-0cc3-4f40-b66c-48609cdf734f_zps6fde4eae.jpg

Heifer from last year's crop
calf006_zps6ea954d9.jpg

calf008_zpse764e7cd.jpg

Ok so bigfoot you say that calf has some bone in its leg. I that a good thing? The reason i ask is my ET calf looked like that and I felt he was awkward and didnt move well for the first two weeks. I thought it was the naval ill making his joints look bigger but maybe I'm just not used to larger frame animal as most of my cattle are smaller framed. He was 92 lbs and thats the biggest we ever had.

It's just big bone, most continental breeds have big legs for hauling their big frame around. Guessing that he has some char.
Good calf

Thanks for nice comments. The sire is one of the registered Charolais below and the dam is a registered gert. One of the the things I noticed about him was his large bone structure. He is thick in front and rear legs. Can't see that as a bad thing on a terminal calf. I hope he fattens up nicely. Mom did an excellent job with her calf last year.

july9066.jpg

july9065.jpg

Looks like your bull brings the ear and the leather down enough to sell good in our area. I really like your cross.

I hope they do good at my sale barn as well. I guy who should know says they will sell strong and be heavy. We will see.