First Calf Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ron, how are those hefty girls taking the Heat? I know I got a bit lite headed push mowing day before yesterday. Dad has also got dehydrated at the sawmill grading lumber and had to go to the ER two days later. He had a bladder infection and was still dehydrated a bit. That excessive weight can't make them feel good in this weather.

FlyingLSimmentals":81pk7kum said:
Ron, how are those hefty girls taking the Heat? I know I got a bit lite headed push mowing day before yesterday. Dad has also got dehydrated at the sawmill grading lumber and had to go to the ER two days later. He had a bladder infection and was still dehydrated a bit. That excessive weight can't make them feel good in this weather.

They are fine. They have shade and it is cooler down on the creek.

Speaking of lite headed. I am on Doxycycline for lyme disease. The Doxycycline is awful. I cannot take the heat. Get nausea in the morning and lute headed. All side effects. I am very healthy for my age. At 65, I still do anything, I take a notion to do. Therefore, not happy about these limitations. CDC says need to be on these another 10 days. Doctor does not think so. I wish I knew! The treatment is awful.

Good to hear about the cattle, they sure do love those creeks. Ours are wanting to go across the highway where they can get in the creek and pond. This side of the road the pond is fenced off and they have to drink out of the concrete trough coming from either the pond or the spring. But the spring water should be colder. Hope the med's get you back to 100% soon. Those ticks can carry a lot of nasty stuff.

Latest posts