First calf heifer, heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is a picture of one of our first calf heifers, and her heifer calf. I'm pretty proud of the job she's doing with the calf.

Sanddollar Sweet Tart
D.O.B. 3-2-2007
calf born 2-23-2009
Means mom got bred during the first heat she was exposed to the bull.

Sweet-Tart---0209small.jpg

Sweet-Tart---0109small.jpg

SD-Sweet-Tart_Heifer---02small.jpg

SD-Sweet-Tart_Heifer---01small.jpg

SD-Sweet-Tart_Heifer---03small.jpg

Ryan

great looking calf with good muscling .....longhorn momas seem too have excellent udders, i dont think ive seen on that didnt

thats 1 heck of a nice looking longhorn pair.you can tell she is going tobe a calf raiser.

My vote is on the 3rd photo also. Great calf! and mom's no slouch! Sure like to see them calve at or before their 2-year birthdate.
By the way, the cow in the background in the 1st pic is pretty darn good also!!! all of them are really "meaty". great cattle.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3un74gfu said:
My vote is on the 3rd photo also. Great calf! and mom's no slouch! Sure like to see them calve at or before their 2-year birthdate.
By the way, the cow in the background in the 1st pic is pretty darn good also!!! all of them are really "meaty". great cattle.
I could very easily be wrong, but I think that the cow is the same one that's at the end of Ryan's other pic post. If not, they look really similar.

FarmGirl10":2kst31vy said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2kst31vy said:
I could very easily be wrong, but I think that the cow is the same one that's at the end of Ryan's other pic post. If not, they look really similar.

Yes, you are correct.

Excellent photos also, in addition to excellent cattle. You obviously know how to take pictures! Thank you for sharing them. Jim