First bees. Now bat die off

Help Support CattleToday:

Bluestem

Reaction score
First the bee die off. Now the bat die off. They have been studying the bat die off for a couple of years now. Bat populations have been going down in Texas as well. I don't think its for the same reason as the bat loss in the Northeast. Bats don't get the press. The loss of bees and bats will be a loss for agriculture. Wish us luck.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/p ... html/1.stm

they are thionking that the bee die off is caused from some of the chemicals we spray crops with.so the bats must be dieing off from the samething.i know alot of crops depend on bees to pollenate them.

Bats eat a lot of harmful insects like mosquitoes. They are very under appreciated. You can attract them to your place by making bat houses. It is pretty easy to do. I like to have them around and they have never bothered me. We used to get them in the gym at the school all the time.

bigbull338":1skq9bei said:
they are thionking that the bee die off is caused from some of the chemicals we spray crops with.so the bats must be dieing off from the samething.i know alot of crops depend on bees to pollenate them.

there is no direct corelation between pesticides and bee die off...this is not ruled out but has not been proven conclusivly.
But it looks like a "new" strain of nosema and high mite counts as well as enviromental stress such as droughts and flooding are more of a contributing factor that pesticide usage.

Latest posts