First AI results

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm guessing you didn't noticed them coming back into heat in time for another round of breeding prior to taking the blood.

novaman":3ebdrqw2 said:
I'm guessing you didn't noticed them coming back into heat in time for another round of breeding prior to taking the blood.

We rebred 2 of them already on the second heat before we sent off the test. It has been a bad year for cows showing signs of heat. Out of the 9 that we synch only 4 showed signs. 2 of the 3 opens havn't shown any signs of heat since we synch them back in jan. There 3rd cycle should come up on wed. if they don't show signs then I don't know whether to resynch them or turn them in with the bull and take my chances.

LaneFarms":3ps8plim said:
We rebred 2 of them already on the second heat before we sent off the test. It has been a bad year for cows showing signs of heat. Out of the 9 that we synch only 4 showed signs. 2 of the 3 opens havn't shown any signs of heat since we synch them back in jan. There 3rd cycle should come up on wed. if they don't show signs then I don't know whether to resynch them or turn them in with the bull and take my chances.
I was having lots of problems getting my heifers to come into heat when I synched with CIDR's. I was lucky to have 33% show signs of heat. Got all of them that showed to take but how do you breed when there is no heat expression. I suppose I could have tried timed AI but they don't recommend it with sexed semen. At any rate I've decided this year will be a single shot of Estrumate to bring them into heat. I would consider putting the bull in with your girls to get them bred and on their way. It gets counter-productive to fight for several cycles trying to get them AIed.

Latest posts