Fires

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The boss and I have been a bit out of touch for the past few days and we had not heard about the horrible fires in Texas, Ok and Kansas. I just found out that the Gardiner ranch was hit hard by the fire.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ns-should-ease-helping-crews-battle-wildfires

So thankful that the Gardiner family was not harmed. I can't imagine this type of loss, a lifetime of work swept away in just a few hours. Having to go out and put so many head of cattle out of their misery, and seeing them suffer. Just no words to describe how bad it makes me feel.

gizmom

That is bad. I didn't know it was going on either. Insurance won't put a dent in a loss like that.

We could smell the smoke from here & there was a definite haze all day yesterday, not as bad today. It's absolutely horrific but also a blessing no more lives were taken. Semis and ranchers from all over the state are hauling water, supplies, etc - all of it donated.

TCRanch":ov40efyj said:
We could smell the smoke from here & there was a definite haze all day yesterday, not as bad today. It's absolutely horrific but also a blessing no more lives were taken. Semis and ranchers from all over the state are hauling water, supplies, etc - all of it donated.

Very very sad

http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/201 ... -wildfires

http://www.beefusa.org/firereliefresources.aspx

Received this email today from the Alabama Cattlemen's Association

A catastrophe of dire measure has struck our friends to the west as wildfires have swept across the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado since the early morning hours of Monday, March 6. Over 1 million acres have burned leaving 500,000+ acres in Texas, 833,000+ acres in Oklahoma, 630,000+ acres in Kansas and 35,000+ acres in Colorado scorched and barren. Thousands, if not tens-of-thousands, of cattle have fallen victim to the raging wildfires that were fueled by 60 mph winds, and a known seven people have lost their lives. Thousands have lost homes, fences, barns, hay...entire homesteads...in a matter of hours.

The Alabama Cattlemen's Association has a long history of offering relief to cattle producers who have experienced catastrophe. Cattlemen helping cattlemen is a story known all too well by Alabama beef cattle producers who have been on the receiving end of generous donations during times of devastation in our own home state. That is why the Alabama Cattlemen's Foundation has opened a Wildfire Relief Fund to raise money that will be donated to disaster relief efforts in the affected states.

Those interested in making a contribution can do so online at www.bamabeef.org/wildfirerelief or by mailing a check to:

Alabama Cattlemen's Foundation- Wildfire Relief Fund
201 South Bainbridge Street
Montgomery, AL 36104

Remember to keep these ranch families in your prayers.

Just thought I would share in case anyone wanted to send something.

Gizmom

gizmom":1jh8jqew said:
http://www.beefusa.org/firereliefresources.aspx

Received this email today from the Alabama Cattlemen's Association

A catastrophe of dire measure has struck our friends to the west as wildfires have swept across the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado since the early morning hours of Monday, March 6. Over 1 million acres have burned leaving 500,000+ acres in Texas, 833,000+ acres in Oklahoma, 630,000+ acres in Kansas and 35,000+ acres in Colorado scorched and barren. Thousands, if not tens-of-thousands, of cattle have fallen victim to the raging wildfires that were fueled by 60 mph winds, and a known seven people have lost their lives. Thousands have lost homes, fences, barns, hay...entire homesteads...in a matter of hours.

The Alabama Cattlemen's Association has a long history of offering relief to cattle producers who have experienced catastrophe. Cattlemen helping cattlemen is a story known all too well by Alabama beef cattle producers who have been on the receiving end of generous donations during times of devastation in our own home state. That is why the Alabama Cattlemen's Foundation has opened a Wildfire Relief Fund to raise money that will be donated to disaster relief efforts in the affected states.

Those interested in making a contribution can do so online at http://www.bamabeef.org/wildfirerelief or by mailing a check to:

Alabama Cattlemen's Foundation- Wildfire Relief Fund
201 South Bainbridge Street
Montgomery, AL 36104

Remember to keep these ranch families in your prayers.

Just thought I would share in case anyone wanted to send something.

Gizmom

slick4591":238pha2w said:
I'm reading where there are people donating lots of hay but can't find trucking to get it there.
Yeah, a guy in SW MO donated 1000 bales but hasn;t got the trucking. I talked to a friend of mine that trucks and told him I would foot part of the bill for him to haul. He's tied up for the next week hauling stuff to indiana but said he'll get back to me when he's free. Hope he will do it.

dun":1po4yak2 said:
slick4591":1po4yak2 said:
I'm reading where there are people donating lots of hay but can't find trucking to get it there.
Yeah, a guy in SW MO donated 1000 bales but hasn;t got the trucking. I talked to a friend of mine that trucks and told him I would foot part of the bill for him to haul. He's tied up for the next week hauling stuff to indiana but said he'll get back to me when he's free. Hope he will do it.
Trucking has been arranged for that. It's all balage too.

Latest posts