Fires in Oklahoma.

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Saw some footage of todays grass fires in Oklahoma on the news tonight. One was 5sq miles. Some houses and barns lost. Anyone near there. Hope not.
I was near there on this date in 2006 working the big fires that were going on.
Had the first grass fire for 2011 here today. Just a small one, about 4 acres. Still some spot's of snow in places.

Angus Cowman":mhx19oa0 said:
I guess they had several grass fires yesterday north of me as I herad on the news the fire cheif from that county telling everyone not to do any burning because the conditions were right for a big fire

AC,when the conditions get like that here the radio's and newspapers post a burn ban and they put up signs on the hwy's.

Cal

Nothing too close by us, but I am concerned about the next several weeks. We haven't had moisture in months and the white stuff blanketing half the country pretty much missed us. We had a dusting that blew off the open areas.

Commercialfarmer":2rzhxjyn said:
Nothing too close by us, but I am concerned about the next several weeks. We haven't had moisture in months and the white stuff blanketing half the country pretty much missed us. We had a dusting that blew off the open areas.
I wouls pefer a maybe chance of fire to an absolute of ice and snow

Normally I'm not big on it, but we are so dry that I don't know if our wheat is going to make it much longer without a drink. At this point, any type of moisture is better than nothing.

Latest posts