Fire Ant Shuffle

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Old Rube bayed a boar coon in a thicket this morning before daylight. I crawled in to assist after innocoluting, one of the dang red devils blew his little bugle and the dance was on. How in the world can a thousand of the devils get on you and never feel one until that bugle goes off.

Caustic Burno":2f52rpuc said:
Old Rube bayed a boar coon in a thicket this morning before daylight. I crawled in to assist after innocoluting, one of the dang red devils blew his little bugle and the dance was on. How in the world can a thousand of the devils get on you and never feel one until that bugle goes off.

Beats me CB. They can send an army up your leg and you'll never feel on thing til they hear that bugle and then they're all over you.

Caustic Burno":207rkuwo said:
aint that the truth......ive heard that they pee on the bite that really makes the sting. .. any of you heard that? insult to injury i say

I have not had a run in yet this year. I know it's coming, though. They don't bother me like they do other people, so I guess that in that, I am lucky.

If you are bitten once, you will be bitten a hundred times.

fire ants love to get on you in droves.an then start stinging the crapp iut of you.an they know when to start stinging you.

alacattleman":12m5xwj3 said:
Caustic Burno":12m5xwj3 said:
aint that the truth......ive heard that they pee on the bite that really makes the sting. .. any of you heard that? insult to injury i say

I've heard that and I guess that's why we used to call the pi$$ants.

HOSS":hafpfisu said:
I turn em into crispy critter using the old "gasoline down the hole then fire em up" method.

I do the same thing Hoss,but I think I'm just moving them from the yard out to the field.

Cal

Jogeephus":320n4b7m said:
alacattleman":320n4b7m said:
Caustic Burno":320n4b7m said:

I've heard that and I guess that's why we used to call the pi$$ants.

I have never heard that. I do understand that they can bite and sting.

Jogee, piss ants aren't the same thing. You don't have fireants in Georgia? I can export some if you like...

Oh, we got got our share of the nasty creatures even though the experts said they would never live here. Other than another name for fireants I don't know what a pi$$ ant is though.

If you want to get rid of fireants get yourself a can of Orthene Tobacco Spray. Its a powder and has a foil lid on it. Punch some holes in the foil and use it as a salt shaker on the mound. Don't need much. Come back the next day and they are grave yard dead.

When you say pi$$ ants, I think of the little red ants that used to get on you and although they didn't have much sting, they make an awful smell when alarmed that smelled faintly like pee.

I use the Orthene powder all the time. Bad smell. Good stuff.

well could be.... but the pi$$ ants of old never bit that i can remember. i thought they were called that because of their size.

alacattleman":j645xn7h said:
well could be.... but the pi$$ ants of old never bit that i can remember. i thought they were called that because of their size.

That may be, as well. I thought I remember them biting, but who knows. I haven't seen one in ages. Used to be we had Red Ants, (Harvester ants), Carpenter Ants, black ants, and pi$$ ants. Now we just have fire ants and carpenter ants. Lady down the road has harvester ants in her yard. They are rare birds anymore.

Latest posts