Finished Product

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I had fun yesterday going to the feed lot where my calf buyer finishes my steers and sells them for custom beef. He's about ready to pick up this springs calves. This is a picture of all of them but there are 12 steers in there as I had a ton of heifers this year.

This is a picture of last years steers ready for slaughter. One on the left is out of my Balancer bull I guess 1450#. One on the right is out of my Hereford bull I guess 1550#. Both out of black commercial cows. The rest, looked just like these two just could not get them to stand together. They made me crave a good steak, LOL. B&G

Are you sure the big steer is 1/2 Hereford? I sure can not see much white on him. They are nice looking steers. :clap:

mwj":1ykvg7aw said:
Are you sure the big steer is 1/2 Hereford? I sure can not see much white on him. They are nice looking steers. :clap:
Yep! It's amazing to me as well. I've got many calves out of him and Reg. black angus cows that are all black. B&G

There is a lot of satisfaction in producing something. I think about it when there born, and again, when I put them on a trailer.

Latest posts