Find Your Favorite Old Car

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN":5z9swn8b said:
That was my first car and I liked it-so there!

Darn you sure are touchy today. :lol2: I had one also and it was a POS.

My 66 Mustang was a different story....Not much of a backseat but I wasn't very tall in those days so it worked. ;-)

3waycross":vut22q0i said:
GMN":vut22q0i said:
That was my first car and I liked it-so there!

Darn you sure are touchy today. :lol2: I had one also and it was a POS.

My 66 Mustang was a different story....Not much of a backseat but I wasn't very tall in those days so it worked. ;-)
Hel that's nothing. I had a 58 Chevy "Biscayne", 4 door sedan, pale green and cream...one ugly sucker. Like ridng around in a Sherman tank..... But worlds of wiggle room in the backseat. :nod:

I got my drivers license in 1969 when I turned 16. By 1970 my dad figured I could drive well enough to buy myself a car so he told me if I wanted on he would cosign a note for me. I started looking around for a used car and not long after went home and told him I had found the car I wanted. He went with me to look at it and test drive it. It was a used 1969 Corvette with a 327 with 350 hp and 4 on the floor. During the test drive dad asked if it would "burn rubber". Boy was I dumb. At the next stop sign I lit it up through the first 3 gears. When we got back dad said he would think about it. A couple of days later he comes home and says "I picked out your car for you. It's in the driveway." I ran outside and there sat a brand new 1970 Ford Maverick. It had a 6 banger with 3 on the tree. When he saw my face he told me it was buy that or walk. I bought it and still have it sitting back on the farm with several other rusting hulks. Prolly saved my life but I really wanted the Vette. :cry2:

The Chevy had problems, burned oil like crazy,and it did leave me stranded when the rod went thru the oil pan-that was it for the car- but it was the car I learned to drive in, with my Grandma-it was her car, and she sold it to me, real cheap. Kind of wish I still had it-as it could have gotten fixed now.

spoon":3owr7mq7 said:
I got my drivers license in 1969 when I turned 16. By 1970 my dad figured I could drive well enough to buy myself a car so he told me if I wanted on he would cosign a note for me. I started looking around for a used car and not long after went home and told him I had found the car I wanted. He went with me to look at it and test drive it. It was a used 1969 Corvette with a 327 with 350 hp and 4 on the floor. During the test drive dad asked if it would "burn rubber". Boy was I dumb. At the next stop sign I lit it up through the first 3 gears. When we got back dad said he would think about it. A couple of days later he comes home and says "I picked out your car for you. It's in the driveway." I ran outside and there sat a brand new 1970 Ford Maverick. It had a 6 banger with 3 on the tree. When he saw my face he told me it was buy that or walk. I bought it and still have it sitting back on the farm with several other rusting hulks. Prolly saved my life but I really wanted the Vette. :cry2:

Great story. I went thru almost exactly the same thing, only it was a GTO. The rest of the story is too sad to tell. :frowns:

papavillars":2dg7q1h6 said:
Alacowman, I had a 426 hemi in a 64 sports fury. It was red with a white rag top. White rolled interior. Only problem was the rear window which was a plastic had to be replaced every two years due to cracking and turning yellow. Hot in the Summer, Cold in the Winter, and Rain in the Spring and Fall, but it was a woman pleasure.
great car... :cowboy:

spoon":x38e34pd said:
years ago i watched a 6 cylinder maverick kick ass at the local drag strip. they had it built to the hilt ,, you had to plug your ears when he ran, it sounded like a bumble bee

This was my first car a 1960 Plymouth Valiant. It was my mother's car. She had it repainted Kelly green. When they brought the car out, we thought that she was going to faint. It was really really green. She said, "It didn't look that bright on the little card."
I think that she was embarrassed to be seen in it, so it became mine.

It had buttons on the dashboard to change the gears. Not a good thing. I remember not being able to get it in reverse to get it out of the garage. We pushed it out and everywhere I went, I had to make sure that I could pull forward after parking. And don't drive it through any standing water. Thanks to the inclined engine, water would get into the distributor and it would die.

This is it's original color.

valiant.jpg

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/mopar/60val.html