Finally new calves arrived

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice cows & calves! I especially like the color on that red roan 1/2 char calf.
Thanks for sharing - I love seeing pictures from other parts of the world

creekdrive":1s4i26ul said:
Nice cows & calves! I especially like the color on that red roan 1/2 char calf.
Thanks for sharing - I love seeing pictures from other parts of the world
Thank you! Both Charx heifers are candidates to be replacements.

A couple pics of four new calves borned this week.
In the middle is 1/2Limousine, 1/4Charolais heifer calf. Dam is a cow.
2014_05020023.JPG

7/8 Limousine heifer calf, borned today. Dam is heifer.
2014_05020020.JPG

7/8Limousine heifer calf. Dam is cow.
2014_05020016.JPG

1/2Limousine, 1/8Angus, 1/8Salers, 1/8BB bull calf. Dam is cow.
2014_05020014.JPG

10 days old 3/4Limousine, 1/4dairy bull calf.
2014_05020012.JPG

And a photo of CharxBBx heifer.
2014_05020022.JPG

Have sad news. The dam( 1/2Limo) of Charx heifer is seriously sick. Her liver don't work, so all water is gathering inside. Vet can't do anything. We gonna catch her heifer and keep, and feed at home.

She was 9 years old. Found her dead this morning. It looks that her liver is fine, but we think that the problem was with her stomach. It was full of food and water( extremely huge), but hoses were empty. She has poisoned two years ago and a month ago had a calf. I think that poisoning has damaged her digestive organs and calving made it worse.
Her calf is nursing other cows, so maybe we'll leave her in the herd.

Too bad I lost 2 cows this year I know what it is like but that is the cow business. Looks like the grass is greening up and there are a few leaves showing it still is cold here usually should be like your place but was -5c last night and only +6c today we have a late spring this year snow south of us they say.

I lost 2 last year, hope for none this year. We've got a cold rain, and I think about 7000 ft is snow... It was SO WARM the last couple nights too I was really enjoying it

We lost two cows last year. This year hope that this one is the only one.
Cows were grazzing this field for all this spring, so almost no grass left. Let heifers into the field yesterday, so they won't get any hay any more. It's ~20-25C here almost everyday, but little of rain during this spring.

Yesterday born 7/8 Limousine heifer calf.
2014_05090006.JPG

2014_05090001.JPG

A week old 7/8 Limousine heifer with her dam.
2014_05090008.JPG

1.5 weeks old Limousinex heifer calf with her Charolaisx dam.
2014_05090010.JPG

LF sure looks warm there we have still no spring I woke this morning to snow and a brisk wind out of north I cant remember when we have had such a cold spring the days warm up to +8 or 9 but nights still freeze getting tired of winter need some heat should be seeding canola or wheat but soil is still to cold. What up with the ear tags on your calves sure is lots of info wrote on them, we have to put radio frequency tags and register them with CCIA so every calf has a birth certificate

We let our cows and yearling heifers out on grass already. Left just bulls. Last year we'd very cold spring.
On calves tags are their registration number. We need to fill their birth sertification too.