Finally new calves arrived

Help Support CattleToday:

My bad, I think we discussed this before the cold must be getting to me! But I think we may be over the hump had the first warm day today could go out without a coat and mitts.Just watching the news now and they had voting near LF how is that going? don't sound good on the tv hope the unrest settles down for you.

We can dehorn calves, but horns aren't an issue for us. Now it's even better that cows had horns, because a couple weeks ago vet told that in our region appeared first wolves. Not far from us, ~5 minutes road by car. Many of our cows calve outside, so it's better when cows have horns. It's much safer. Cattle are calm, so cows let us to tag their calves, usually tags my mum or me. Have some cows with serious horns. Even when two years ago we used homebred polled bull from 19 calves 12 are horned.
Here is quite calm, thankfully. Hope it won't change.
Yesterday needed to vote for the new president.

I love seeing your cattle! I always love to see different parts of the world and different breeds, so I love your pictures. I still really like that charxbb heifer! Do you guys have heavy birthweights?

Rosielou":1hwlbeef said:
I love seeing your cattle! I always love to see different parts of the world and different breeds, so I love your pictures. I still really like that charxbb heifer! Do you guys have heavy birthweights?
Thank you alot.
Try to use just easy calving bulls and always think about each cow.Last year had four bulls calves which were bigger: one 3/4Angus out of heifer, 120lbs, and three sired by homebred crossbred bull(1/2Angus, 3/8Charolais) weights ~110-120lbs, two dams are half BB, one- half Charolais. For us big calf is more than 110lbs, so don't have many of these. This year have no big calves. Charolaisx calves were around 90-100lbs, Angusx ~90lbs, Limousinex all ~80-90lbs. When we used AI always choosed a bull depending from each cow. Never used BB semen for beef blood having cows, just for dairy ones. Also very carefully choosed cows for AI Charolais.

Latest posts