Finally limped away!

Help Support CattleToday:

One of the few things I miss about western Washington. Both the trip to dig and the eating after. Do you ever surf fish after digging? I use to fish for red ear surf perch after digging. I would catch enough for a meal and some crab too. Although it seemed like most of the crab would be females. It extended the trip. For me it was an hour and a half drive each way for 15 minutes of digging.

One of the few things I miss about western Washington. Both the trip to dig and the eating after. Do you ever surf fish after digging? I use to fish for red ear surf perch after digging. I would catch enough for a meal and some crab too. Although it seemed like most of the crab would be females. It extended the trip. For me it was an hour and a half drive each way for 15 minutes of digging.
Quite a few people were fishing, but I didn't. Might go to the Westport side next time and soak a crabpot off the Marina floats.

We dug at Roosevelt Beach Sunday and there was 5 Asian fellas fishing, looked like they might have had 2 perch each.
I always turned north at the beach on ramp. Drove maybe a mile. There is a little A frame cabin we always parked in front of. Made a good landmark to walk back up to the vehicle. Also a little fresh water stream ran in there which was good to wash things up in.

For those who don't understand. At low tide on a minus tide it is easily a quarter mile back to you vehicle parked at the high tide mark. And there often a double row of vehicles park one beside the next going for miles both ways. An empty beach like that one picture posted is pretty darn rare on a clam tide.

I always turned north at the beach on ramp. Drove maybe a mile. There is a little A frame cabin we always parked in front of. Made a good landmark to walk back up to the vehicle. Also a little fresh water stream ran in there which was good to wash things up in.

For those who don't understand. At low tide on a minus tide it is easily a quarter mile back to you vehicle parked at the high tide mark. And there often a double row of vehicles park one beside the next going for miles both ways. An empty beach like that one picture posted is pretty darn rare on a clam tide.
Hahaha Dave that's exactly where we were!!

Latest posts