finally have power

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
been in the dark since tues 5 p.m. until 2 p.m. sun. i am so glad it is over for me. the other farm maybe a month. ice storms are no fun....had one calf born last sunday the rest are waiting for better weather

Glad to hear that, it must have been very frustrating for you the last few days..

Let's hope that the others in your situation do not have to wait much longer either..

jcarkie":2loji9of said:
been in the dark since tues 5 p.m. until 2 p.m. sun. i am so glad it is over for me. the other farm maybe a month. ice storms are no fun....had one calf born last sunday the rest are waiting for better weather

We are still out here in our part of KY, running a generator some to keep a few things going.
Lots of trees down in the fields but fences survived with not a lot of damage, a lot of broken limbs and tops still will be falling for a while. Ground has thawed out now and it is a muddy mess creating problems for the electric companies getting in to repair the lines.

i had some yearling heifers who went visiting. had fence down on both sides, i had to walk in the first day. trees down everywhere, fixed fence with trees falling kind of scarey.

glad that you have power.we was w/o power for 5 days the last winter we milked.had to run the generator to milk.an my mom was layed up with a broke leg.am we had to run the heater blower off the car battery.an keep the battery charged up.

Latest posts