Help Support CattleToday:

'07, '08 or '09? Miles?

Any issues with the front end?

Got overloads on the back?

cfpinz":2bfufiuq said:
'07, '08 or '09? Miles?

Any issues with the front end?

Got overloads on the back?

Good ?'s cf. It's an 09 has 122,000 miles lots of pulling, Auto transmission. Only issues w/ front end was u-joints where it turns but that was a recall item. Other than that no problems at all. Had new 4200# springs installed. That bale probably weighs close to 1900# barley sunk the truck at all! :banana:

What brand is the bed? I'm constantly looking at them but can't make myself pull the trigger. I still throw an old home made spike w/ winch in the back of my truck.

Thanks.

My wife has an '09 with the short bed, no overloads and it squats terribly. Where did you buy your replacement rear springs? Does it have a set of overloads over them?

I've been contemplating adding airbags to her truck. My '07 dually was soft in the rear so I fabbed some spacer blocks that only allow it to go down 1/2" or so before the overloads touch, made a big difference.

J&D Cattle":567vc9w9 said:
What brand is the bed? I'm constantly looking at them but can't make myself pull the trigger. I still throw an old home made spike w/ winch in the back of my truck.

It's a CM Flatbed. www.cmtruckbeds.com I really wanted an Arm type bed but they are to pricey to justify it for what I haul. B&G

cfpinz":13fnxnwj said:
Thanks.

My wife has an '09 with the short bed, no overloads and it squats terribly. Where did you buy your replacement rear springs? Does it have a set of overloads over them?

I've been contemplating adding airbags to her truck. My '07 dually was soft in the rear so I fabbed some spacer blocks that only allow it to go down 1/2" or so before the overloads touch, made a big difference.

No overloads just a set of super stout springs. I got them at a place local. www.generalspringkc.com
B&G

Cfpinz, not sure where in VA you are but there is a place called Thurston Spring in Richmond that can make anything you want spring and suspension wise. They do great work and have a great reputation. Everything I have ever seen from them was reasonably priced I thought.

I have a Ford so it came from the factory with enough azz! Sorry couldn't resist. :lol2:

B and G did that CM come with the spear and is it hydraulic lift? Thanks.

SmokinM":nvbmz8g9 said:
Cfpinz, not sure where in VA you are but there is a place called Thurston Spring in Richmond that can make anything you want spring and suspension wise. They do great work and have a great reputation. Everything I have ever seen from them was reasonably priced I thought.

I have a Ford so it came from the factory with enough azz! Sorry couldn't resist. :lol2:

Thanks.

There was a place in Roanoke that did the same, but I heard they have went out of business - I'll have to check into Thurston.

Every truck I've owned up until the past two have been Fords, and I've never had to add springs to any of the 3/4 or 1 ton models. If Ford would put stick shifts in their trucks, I'd still own them. They lost 3 customers from my family when they discontinued the manual transmission option, way to go beancounters.

cfpinz":efngsyio said:
SmokinM":efngsyio said:

Thanks.

There was a place in Roanoke that did the same, but I heard they have went out of business - I'll have to check into Thurston.

Every truck I've owned up until the past two have been Fords, and I've never had to add springs to any of the 3/4 or 1 ton models. If Ford would put stick shifts in their trucks, I'd still own them. They lost 3 customers from my family when they discontinued the manual transmission option, way to go beancounters.
You gotta remember not everyone is an old timer like you and knows how to drive a stickshift.

cfpinz":1qt0ajfc said:
SmokinM":1qt0ajfc said:

Thanks.

Smomin is right they do good work and were reasonable years back when I went to them. Yea that place you are talking about in Roanoke was it on orange ave down there ?

skyhightree1":1qy5gy2h said:
cfpinz":1qy5gy2h said:
SmokinM":1qy5gy2h said:

Thanks.

Smomin is right they do good work and were reasonable years back when I went to them. Yea that place you are talking about in Roanoke was it on orange ave down there ?

General Truck Body in Roanoke had a fire a couple years ago, burnt to the ground. Another outfit bought the business and is now on Liberty Rd in Roanoke.

VAAngus":2bs9vwmi said:
[

General Truck Body in Roanoke had a fire a couple years ago, burnt to the ground. Another outfit bought the business and is now on Liberty Rd in Roanoke.[/quote]

Thanks Vaangus.

I don't make it to Roanoke but once every year or two, about the same as Richmond, so I'm not sure which road it was on. Seems like I remember seeing it from 460 driving in from the NE on the right-hand side of the road, but I could be wrong.

dun":eui0jks8 said:
You gotta remember not everyone is an old timer like you and knows how to drive a stickshift.

I just wish I could have raised my knee up high enough to shift your Model A without hitting the steering wheel so I could have actually driven it down the road. Didn't think opening the driver's door each time to shift was the best idea.

cfpinz":3id0it7f said:
SmokinM":3id0it7f said:

Thanks.

I hear you. I have 2 F-350s 2000 model both 7.3 6spd. trucks I am clinging to like they were a life raft on the Titanic. One has 327k mi. and the other a mere 75k mi. so that is my new truck!!! Crying shame people are to trifling to change gears anymore. I guess it interferes with their phone call. Just can't bring myself to make payments on one,especially a Dodge!

SmokinM":ozvpn780 said:

Yes sir, It came with dual spikes pump and all. B&G

cfpinz":26o2zgiw said:
SmokinM":26o2zgiw said:

Thanks.

I never had any problems with Ford tannnys but, the 6.0 Diesel drove me away! Complete pile of Poop! B&G

Latest posts