Finally got the bill

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":3nap4p02 said:
Why so soon, did Jeff need to order some meds?

Your wife is a Vet Tech right Leon? Jeff needs her to head on out there and straighten up his books. You stay in VA, I heard the folks in MO like her better than you anyways :D

Of course, I think a doctor would charge quite a bit more to open me up and do surgery, so it's probably fair. :D

cfpinz":3rzgtker said:
A shipment came in and they had to pay for them. PLus the office assitant was chewing his butt pretty regualr and he wanted her off of it

MistyMorning":2lypxojz said:
cfpinz":2lypxojz said:

Your wife is a Vet Tech right Leon? Jeff needs her to head on out there and straighten up his books. You stay in VA, I heard the folks in MO like her better than you anyways :D
Jeff told her she could start monday morning when we were at the fair. Nutso had to drag her off to KS instead

brandonm_13":33n8rij8 said:
How much Draxxin did he have to use? I dont' know why but that seems high to me.
He used a bunch, for some reason, probably because she already had peritinitos he squirted a bunch inside of her.

If only you had those grass fed cows, then surely you never would have a sick or injured one. And.... if you did, you'd be making so much money that minor vet bills like this would just be an inconvenience.

Come on dun, get with the program. :dunce: :mrgreen:

MistyMorning":2hv9yr28 said:
cfpinz":2hv9yr28 said:

Like Pops said, the vet in the picture offered her a job when we were out there in July. We met him Tuesday around lunchtime, he told her to show up Wednesday at 8am. She thought he was kidding. He wasn't.

dun":12rui6pl said:
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56127

The bill was $10 farm call, $150 for operation, $45 for Draxxin

This is what sucks about farming, sometimes the procedures don't work, but you still got the bill! Thats a pretty cheap farm call, but I guess they just blended the price of the OP into it. I wonder why they uded Draxxin, there are many less expensive drugs out there that would have worked just as well.

GMN

GMN":1rqxd7zf said:
I wonder why they uded Draxxin, there are many less expensive drugs out there that would have worked just as well.

GMN
I asked about that. He said because of the tumors he wanted something that had a long residual time, Draxxin is 2 weeks

That was cheap. Our vet charges $85 for a farm call. We haul everything that can stand in to the clinic.
A c-section cost us $500 for the surgery. The total bill was close to $700.

Latest posts