Finally getting some rain.

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE wrote:
Let's not argue about who has the droughtiest drought and rather hope and pray everyone that needs rain gets it in a timely manner

I heard that. When it is dry, it is dry. Doesn't matter where you are.

In arid climates you expect it to be dry. That is why when you look at googlemaps you see all these little and big green circles, half circles, pie shaped spots. You have adapted. If you had to depend on mother nature as a lot of folks do, you wouldn't have those green designs. Getting 25% of your expected yearly rainfall in 24 hours doesn't do much for the other 364 days if it doesn't rain in a timely manner afterwards. A few years ago rainfall averages for our area broke records. Didn't matter for the 2 - 3 months that everyone was crying for rain. It is just the way things are.

Many are dealing with mud and muck. Is being arid and dry any worse that to wet and flooding? Both have serious consequences. You just have to adapt or perish.

northtexas":19q3u0ht said:
2.1 as of 1:00PM. It has lightened up but we may get some wrap around moisture. With the ground good and saturated now, if we can get it to rain tomorrow (40% chance) we should get some tank water. If we do it'll probably keep the cattle market from collapsing around here. People were getting in bad shape with their tanks.

I bet my friend Frankie got even more. It looked like Duncan just kept getting hammered this morning.

I am probably not too far from you. I am in West Central Oklahoma with lots of friends around Sharmrock; Wheeler; Higgins; Arnett; McClean; and the Dumas Dalhart area. I, for one, am so thankfull for our recent rain. The ponds are full; the grass is green; and the babies are on the ground. If we get much more rain, I will be fixing water gaps. :D

We should hope that the rain just moves on to the others that are in dire need of moisture. This is also the aniversary of the May 3rd tornadoes that ravaged Oklahoma City. We should continue to keep those people in our prayers and hope it never happens again.