Final Answer's Best Son

Help Support CattleToday:

I've used Right Answer on commercial cows/heifers, clubby heifers, Simmentals, Shorthorns and everything in between. My only problem is I only have 2 units of sexed semen left. He does add a tick more size but he does everything right. Good uddered, better footed than his sire, fertile, keep good condition and just one of the best all around female makers. I only have one left as everyone buys them! We so far kept a % Simmental Right Answer daughter. Sent genomics in on her and were exactly what they were before. Very consistent genetics. Right Answer being out of a 338 daughter just makes it all that much better. Grew up watching them calves grow and don't remember seeing a bad one.

bse":3qlqu2ac said:
I used Thunderbird and had 5 calves fall of 2013, 4 hefiers and 1 bull. The 4 hefiers are still here, my kind of cattle, I think Tbird has more frame than F A, ill know in Sept and Oct how much I really like them.
I found this on another site about Pendelton,

On a side note something I found interesting when researching the Pathfinder report is HARB Pendleton is qualifying
the highest amount of daughters on a percentage basis for bulls with over 20 daughters qualified.
He is at 14% Pathfinders. A highly used bull New Design 878 is at 0.9% qualified.

Pendelton may have been a famous type bull if his numbers hadn't tanked so fast early on.
CC&7 is currently top Pathfinder sire on % basis with 22.5%

22.5% SydGen CC&7 50 of 222 eligible daughters
18.1% Sitz Upward 210 of 1159

13.8% HARB Pendelton 101 of 731
11.7% Connealy Right Answer 9 of 77
10.4% SAV Pioneer [Final Answer son] 24 of 231
9.3% SAV Final Answer 182 of 1957

Others of Note
20.8% Connealy Dublin 5 of 24 daughters
16.4% Hoover Dam 9 of 55
12.5% SAV Bismarck 91 of 726
9.5% SAV Net Worth 142 of 1488
7.4% Connealy Thunder 47 of 635

6.4% OCC Missing Link 10 of 156
5.5% OCC Juneau 10 of 182
4.4% Mytty in Focus 243 of 5,492
2.5% Boyd New Day 8005 63 of 2477 (Pioneer's MGS)
2.3% Hyline Right Time 338 55 of 2539 (Right Answer's MGS)
0.96% Bon View New Design 878 86 of 8,963
0.16% B/R New Design 036 [DDC] 8 of 5,006 daughters

Pioneer Wave (AAA 17217486), a FA grandson at ABS, would get the call here, if I were looking to add FA to the mix...'cause I be wanting some more Wave, too.

Named'em Tamed'em":24g6ka80 said:
I have a heifer bred to Absolute from ABS due 7-26.
And a cow bred to SAV PRIORITY from genex.
The absolute bull has good ce and growth.
KCF Bennett Absolute aaa 16430795
Gotta love Absolute's top 1% feed efficiency ce 15 acc .81 plus he really brings the $B $131 for a Final Answer son.
#6 in the breed for $B among sires with more than 40 carcass records.
And his 8 closest sires are all Pathfinders, so I would expect him to join them in the future.

Thanks for confusing me with another really good bull. :D

I like the body depth in the Pioneer Wave photo better than Absolute and he is a Final Answer grandson, but doc 8 puts him
below breed average, so gotta give my nod to Absolute over Pioneer Wave bcs of his top 10% doc 26 and his higher acc.

I have a customer that had a screw up on his order that I gave ten units of absolute to when he first came out to make things right that has used him exclusively since then and he breeds two-three hundred head a year. Really good calves that will fit anywhere angus fits.

Stocker Steve":34tqkb5c said:
Red Bull Breeder":34tqkb5c said:
Why not just use the bull instead of a son.

After a bull has been around a long long time - - shouldn't he have some better proven sons available at a lower semen price?

Your only gonna get half of what your looking in that bull out of a son of that bull.

Just put a straw of SAV PRIORITY in a Lim-Flex cow that calved 6 weeks ago or so!

We got home from crabbing, and Cole's patch was shinning red. 94 degrees and I need to sort and snub up a cow. :bang:

I don't see too many -ve's with Thunderbird. I am in the middle of calving a few now, I had 7 last year and so far another 5 this year and I have ordered some more to put in this year especially in the heifers. I have found the calves to be very strong and vigorous and easily handled by heifers and once they hit the ground they grow like weeds. Hard to go past him when looking for calving ease and high growth and that is what it is all about isn't it?
Ken

We pay attention to Doc when making sire selections; and agree that +8 is not all that great... when I first used Gardens Wave, he didn't even have a Doc rating... I knew the potential for some heat was there... but was not prepared for his initial Doc epd of MINUS 23!!! That said, he's come up to +5(I think has been as high as +7 at some point). Steers were unmemorable. Granted, there are only three of them, but the Wave daughters(and their heifer calves) here are not any spookier or more aggressive than any other cow sired by high-docility Angus sires like 6I6 or Connection; 2 of them are just dead-heads, the other is a little more 'on alert', but less so than her dam.
Wish I'd bought more Wave semen when it was available.

I am a small breeder so I don't have a lot to go on, but based on the few times I have used him, my vote is for Connealy Right Answer 746. He produces great replacement females. Everyone who has bought any heifers I sold out of Right Answer say they turn out to be among the best cows in their herd. I wish his carcass trait EPDs were a little better, but he is a great choice, especially on heifers, because of his calving ease numbers. He is well proven and obtained AAA Pathfinder status very quickly. If Genex still had female sexed semen from him, I'd use him more.

Last year I saw several Capitalist sons, and they were my favorite sire group of the many that I saw during the 2014 spring sale season. Based on that and conversations I had with two breeders that used the bull a lot, I purchased a cane of him. When I quizzed both breeders about the low docility score of the bull they both commented that their Capitalist calves had good dispositions and they question why his Docility EPD is so low.

I ended up only breeding a few cows to him in May and June of 2014 and have two Capitalist daughters born this spring. One of the heifers is my favorite of our spring calf crop. She is long, deep, wide based, and has a long stride. She is probably the heaviest heifer of her contemporary group, though it is a small group of ten head. From an appearance stand point, she may be the best heifer we have produced in several years. The other Capitalist daughter is also long and has good rib shape and thickness, but not as powerful as her half-sib.

We used Capitalist again on a few cows last November and hope to have more of his progeny this fall.

UG":n53eb29c said:
Last year I saw several Capitalist sons, and they were my favorite sire group of the many that I saw during the 2014 spring sale season. Based on that and conversations I had with two breeders that used the bull a lot, I purchased a cane of him. When I quizzed both breeders about the low docility score of the bull they both commented that their Capitalist calves had good dispositions and they question why his Docility EPD is so low.

I ended up only breeding a few cows to him in May and June of 2014 and have two Capitalist daughters born this spring. One of the heifers is my favorite of our spring calf crop. She is long, deep, wide based, and has a long stride. She is probably the heaviest heifer of her contemporary group, though it is a small group of ten head. From an appearance stand point, she may be the best heifer we have produced in several years. The other Capitalist daughter is also long and has good rib shape and thickness, but not as powerful as her half-sib.

We used Capitalist again on a few cows last November and hope to have more of his progeny this fall.
That's some great info on Capitalist that confirms everything I've heard and seen, especially last winter.

Sounds like you might use two FA sons Butch? Or do you HAVE to pick just one

We have used a Pioneer son and liked them well enough. We are using SAV Mustang pretty hard at the moment and really like the consistency that he provides as well as the females being top notch. SAV Priority is a female maker as well. Have no experience with Thunderbird but a lot of people like them

We have used Pioneer and he has worked very well for us. The bulls are really nice thick, deep big SC and really good feet and legs. Based on the first calves out of him we purchased more semen and used him pretty heavy last year. That list of bulls that are making Pathfinder daughters was interesting, I had not seen it.

gizmom

Latest posts