Final Answer's Best Son

Help Support CattleToday:

I hope you get the answer you are looking for...

Looking at this, what are you wanting in order of importance?

Final%20Answer%20Angus.jpg

I always wondered why they don't say anything about size, weight, frame and all. I guess it varies, they could take a five years measure.

I dont think thats the final answer hes looking for, but maybe.
This one may be better AAA#13592905

bse":3p96g65l said:
There was a bunch. It was the first one that popped up.

Anyway, I am interested in knowing what numbers he wants. Just to understand where he wants to go.

Connealy Capitalist is my suggestion. We will be using him next breeding season. I'm interested to see everyone else's suggestions. Great topic Butch

bse":2sn5nx0p said:
Yes.
SAV Final Answer 035 semen $60 ce 12 ww 62 $W 73 (excellent) but $B 67 is too low $80 min isn't asking too much
I'm not going to pay $60 for semen and since he's over 15 yrs old a few sons better than him should be available.

Butkus doc 20 from Select Sires interests me, but have not heard any buzz about him or his calves.
ce 19 77 ww $W 70 is impressive, but low .56 acc

Thunderbird doc 20 at Accelerated looks good and I've heard good things about his calves
ce 8 71 ww 89 acc is very good, but $W 53 concerns me
the way I read it his calves at weaning are impressive, BUT they probably lack vigor at birth and higher than average death loss is my guess as to why the $W is $53 when he's at 71 ww

Does anyone else interpret data in that manner?

torogmc81":3upc50gl said:
Connealy Capitalist is my suggestion. We will be using him next breeding season. I'm interested to see everyone else's suggestions. Great topic Butch

I really really like Capitalist, I think he's a good one, BUT I refuse to use a bottom 25% docility bull.
11 is breed average and he's 6 doc

SOB - I am curious. Do following the EPDs give you what you want more often than not?

HDRider":290z3cw4 said:
SOB - I am curious. Do following the EPDs give you what you want more often than not?
On ce with acc YES.
On the other data harder to tell, I trust it's based on measurable data and will carry through more often than not.
No way that I get around enough to see what is working for others and that's why I ask for others experiences and opinions.

Son of Butch":2m2dj8ng said:
torogmc81":2m2dj8ng said:

I really really like Capitalist, I think he's a good one, BUT I refuse to use a bottom 25% docility bull.
11 is breed average and he's 6 doc
I'm big on DOC too, but as important it is to what we are trying to do, a bull like Captilist and what I've seen he's producing and the demand he is creating at sales this past winter, I'm just going to have to turn my head, unless I heard he is creating horrible disposition. If I remember correctly, DOC is measured only on steers while in the chute

I used Thunderbird and had 5 calves fall of 2013, 4 hefiers and 1 bull. The 4 hefiers are still here, my kind of cattle, I think Tbird has more frame than F A, ill know in Sept and Oct how much I really like them.
I found this on another site about Pendelton,

On a side note something I found interesting when researching the Pathfinder report is HARB Pendleton is qualifying the highest amount of daughters on a percentage basis for bulls with over 20 daughters qualified. He is at 14% Pathfinders. A highly used bull New Design 878 is at 0.9% qualified.

Pendelton may have been a fomous type bull if his numbers hadnt tanked so fast early on.

Son of Butch":5gudihjk said:
HDRider":5gudihjk said:
On ce with acc YES.
On the other data harder to tell, I trust it's based on measurable data and will carry through more often than not.
No way that I get around enough to see what is working for others and that's why I ask for others experiences and opinions.
Thanks - I appreciate you letting me tag along.

Latest posts