Final 2008 meeting of the Uruguayan Angus Association

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The final 2008 meeting of our Angus Breeders Association took place at my facilities.
I set up a big tent to provide some shadow as the place is new and trees are still small. You can see the tent at the end of the road.
1.jpg

The tent inside
2.jpg

The old remodeled shed was used by the board for their meeting
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Uruguayan angus breeders celebrating the end of the year..
9.jpg

From left to right: The President of the Angus Association Dr. Gonzalo Valdes, myself (hat), and some breeders.
10.jpg

Breeders taking a look at the red angus bull 2008 champ
7.jpg

Angus breeder and daughter playing with the red angus bull
11.jpg

Hope you enjoy them

L

Lorenzo-

As a result of the posts you have presented here, and the pictures of your operation in Uruguay, I am very impressed with your beef cattle set up there. Your knowledge is convincing, and the quality of your cattle is exemplary! Thank you for sharing your procedures with us, and I hope that we can be of some assistance to all of you in that country.

DOC HARRIS

Thank you very much Doc.
Sometimes I am worried about boring everyone with so many pictures and don't want to give a bad impression posting everything about my country and not participating in someone's else topics but I am with not much time left between my work and a new baby at home !!! No matter how much I tried to be at home my wife always accused me of working too much :( so I can't spent much time infront the computer.

Thanks again

L

Ufff not an easy question nowadays !!

Five years ago it was from 400 to 1500 per hectarea but after all the argentinians, brazilians, americans and europeans buying like crazy during the last years plus the high commodity prices, the land went up from 1,000 to 4,000 and more, depending the area obviously, the better the soil for agriculture (soy) the higher the price of the land, but now, with the commodity prices by the floor is difficult to predict what will happen.....land prices should go down...but who knows... :roll:

L

Angus Cowman":rasw18ol said:
Lorenzo
You have some facilities and a business to be very proud of ,I wish you all the best
Keep the wife happy and enjoy the new baby and just remember "If momma ain't happy ain't nobody gonna be happy "

I agree to a certain extent - HOWEVER - This is the time to establish your BU$INE$$ properly, and that is necessary if you desire to be successful in the future! And "Momma" won't be happy if you are not financially successful. It is important that your priorities are pragmatic and not emotional.

DOC HARRIS

I agree to a certain extent - HOWEVER - This is the time to establish your BU$INE$$ properly, and that is necessary if you desire to be successful in the future! And "Momma" won't be happy if you are not financially successful. It is important that your priorities are pragmatic and not emotional.

DOC HARRIS[/quote]

Doc
Did you just tell this young man not to spend this time with his family :frowns: :frowns:

3waycross":4kxp7vup said:

DOC HARRIS

Doc
Did you just tell this young man not to spend this time with his family :frowns: :frowns:[/quote]

Only "...to a certain extent...!" :???:

DOC HARRIS

Don't worry my friends, one has to make time for everything. Yesterday evening, when I returned home, I gave a bath to my older boy (2 and 1/2 years old) then I prepared him a hot dog with smashed potatoes and a colorful dessert that who knows what it was :D

Then I make company to Mamma till midnight while she fed the little one. I was falling asleep but....

Then between 5 am and 6 am she woke me three times, two because I was snoring :mad: and the last one to tell me I must prepare a milk bottle for the older one :cry2: , so here I am, waiting for the newspaper and ready for a new family day.. :cowboy:

L

Latest posts