FIMCO 25 Gallon Boom Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

Soggy Bottom

Reaction score
Hello there. I am in the market for a small boom sprayer that will fit in the back of my gator. I will be spraying 15 acres with roundup first than weed spray later on. The fimco 25 gallon has 2.4 gpm pump with 7 nozzles that covers 12'. With this setup will I be able to get 15 gpa of water without having to go at dead crawl speed. I would like to spray at around 3-4 mph. Thanks for the input.

Don't buy it. That pump is barely enough and the tank is wide with the valve located on the side instead of the bottom. Once it's 1/2 empty it's pretty useless.

I have one if you hadn't already guessed.

I bought the FIMCO 45 gallon boomless and even that is a pain in the neck because of all the refilling. With a larger tank it would be fine for what I use it for.

To answer your question about the GPA, their manual ( http://www.fimcoindustries.com/images/manuals/ATV-25-700%20(5301273)_12-15.pdf ) has some flow rates on the bottom right of page 6. It looks like you can achieve the ~15 GPA at either 3 or 4 mph depending on the pressure you're spraying at. You should be able to adjust the pressure with a valve on the manifold if it is like mine.

shaz said:
Don't buy it. That pump is barely enough and the tank is wide with the valve located on the side instead of the bottom. Once it's 1/2 empty it's pretty useless.

What valve are you talking about on the side? I have one too and can pump it dry. I put a 5 gpm Delavan pump on mine and it'll spray 25 gallons of mix on 3 acres using a boomless nozzle spray pattern 24 ft wide going 6mph.

Thanks for the info. I will go thru the owners manual before I buy it. The small tank doesnt bother me for what I'm spraying. Its at my house and I figure I can spray 2 acres and refill in about 30 minutes. Half a day I can have the whole place sprayed no problem. I like the idea of the sprayer in the back of my lawn gator. I feel I can control wind drift better by using a sprayer on a smaller scale. I have access to big 30' boom 300 gal boom sprayer but feel like the drift would be less with a smaller sprayer. Thanks for the input.

The best way to calibrate it is in the field. Fill the tank with water and spray it out over a known acreage, say 2 or 2.5 acres, see how many gallons it took and figure gallons per acre from that. Then you can adjust your ground speed and/or mix concentration to achieve the gallons per acre you want.

ga.prime said:
shaz said:

What valve are you talking about on the side? I have one too and can pump it dry. I put a 5 gpm Delavan pump on mine and it'll spray 25 gallons of mix on 3 acres using a boomless nozzle spray pattern 24 ft wide going 6mph.

Shutoff valve.

Soggy Bottom said:
Thanks for the info. I will go thru the owners manual before I buy it. The small tank doesnt bother me for what I'm spraying. Its at my house and I figure I can spray 2 acres and refill in about 30 minutes. Half a day I can have the whole place sprayed no problem. I like the idea of the sprayer in the back of my lawn gator. I feel I can control wind drift better by using a sprayer on a smaller scale. I have access to big 30' boom 300 gal boom sprayer but feel like the drift would be less with a smaller sprayer. Thanks for the input.

You can correct most drift with dropplet size and spraying in best conditions. You will still have drift with a small unit if you don't understand the mechanics of sprayers.

Yes its a pain but can be done. I did about 7 acres around my house in about 4 hours earlier this spring with the same setup except my boom is 10'. It is an older Fimco that I bought off Craigslist so it won't be the same as the newere models. I ran 3 MPH with mine spraying a Dicamba 2 4 D mix. I used 4 loads so I was getting about what you are looking for.

I have a large sprayer that I do most of my work with, but the small unit works well where I can't get but use it mostly to touch up large areas that I have missed. Even running a GPS guidance system you will have some misses that are easy to spot a couple weeks after spraying. It aksoworks well on steep areas like tank dams.

shaz said:
ga.prime said:
shaz said:

Shutoff valve.

I don't reckon I have a shutoff valve on mine unless you want to call the pump on/off switch I have mounted on the left fender of my Honda 4 wheeler a shutoff valve. I had to modify the suction hose. They had a rubber hose directed into a corner of the tank. The problem was it would get to being buffeted around by the spray mix and start sucking air when you got down to about 5 gallons of solution. I replaced that with copper tubing with a brass tee on the end directed to the center back bottom of the tank and it hasn't moved a millimeter.

Latest posts