Filson squeeze chutes?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Any body ever use one of the Fislon squeeze chutes? I can get the best price on one of these but also looking at a WW and a Priefert Rancher model. Any suggestions ?

I have got a filson, if you get one make sure your health insurance is paid up. I am going to buy a priefert.

we have a priefert, bought it used a coupla years ago, paid 500 dollars, the paint is kinda faded, but the cows don't seem to mind it's easy to use, and was nice on the check book :D

samm

I think priefert has the the best design in that it doesn't have lot of metal arms stick out just waiting for your head (like powder river and many others) That's what I would look for first - set all of the levers at various positions and if at anytime they are in a position to hit your head, groin, teeth, or shin - stay away. I think that's what was meant in the comment about good health insurance.

I am currently using a Priefert headgate attached to a 30" wide chute. So far I like it really well. It is a manual catch headgate.
I would like to have the whole squeeze chute, but the ranch can't justify the cost right now.

Hi. This is Tod's wife. The Piefert automatic scissor-type head gate is pretty good. It catches husbands as well as cattle. Tod and I were looking at head gates just for fun and he was trying to figure out how the automatic worked because it looked just like the manual. Long story short...he still doesn't know how it works, but it is very very sensitive. Apparently his shoulder touched the wrong part and he had his head caught in the head gate. Good thing I was there because it was after hours and the place was closed! I just wish I hadn't panicked and released him so quick. I would have liked to have taken a picture for my scrapbook. :lol:

We had a guy brought up on domestic abuse charges here a few years ago. He and the wife got in a argument while working cows and he stuck her head in the head gate and started using the hot shot on her.

I guess she didn't appreciate this type of behavior modification and she filed charges.

Some women are so sensitive :lol:

I was looking at a For-most chute at the state fair this summer, and there was a sticker on the head gate that said "Not for human use." , or something to that effect. Apparently there's been a problem with that.

Latest posts