Fillmore Sale Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Girl

Reaction score
Wow! I'm just going to be the first one to say that the Fillmore's have another great batch of calves this year. I need an opinion, though. I will probably go to the sale, which is on Nov. 12th. I have my eye on this calf they have a pic of on their site. Tell me what you think of him. Here is the link to the page of pics: http://www.showsteers.com/Fillmore/Calves.htm

The steer I am keeping my eye on is in the third row, 2nd pic. He is the Joe Who steer. Tell me what you think of him please! ;)

And also, in the 5th row, 1st pic, the Sun Seeker Steer I really like too. Tell me what you think of him as well.

I like them both. I think that the Joe Who steer is going to be narrower and flater muscled than the Sun Seeker steer is going to be. He also seems a little finer boned. I would like to see that picture not taken at an angle. Its hard to tell from a picture, but both steers seem to be good pics. And your right, they ahve some good ones again! ;-)

from the pictures, I'd say the second steer is going to be longer and thicker. Hard to tell about the first one, he looks a tad wasty but it may just be the angle of the photo. The second one also seems to have more bone. Both fine steers, hope you can get one!

I love that roany heifer at the bottom!

Nope. The Fillmore's are in Colorado. They have some NICE calves, if you ask me. I need more opinions though. I have a rodeo on the day of the auction but I'm going to the auction instead. The Sun Seeker is nice but I'm still in love with the Jow Who. Guess I'll just need to see what they look like on sale day.

Angus Cattle Girl":corbjdh8 said:
Nope. The Fillmore's are in Colorado. They have some NICE calves, if you ask me. I need more opinions though. I have a rodeo on the day of the auction but I'm going to the auction instead. The Sun Seeker is nice but I'm still in love with the Jow Who. Guess I'll just need to see what they look like on sale day.

The way they took the picture makes me love that steer too. But you have to look at the angle that they took it at. Maybe its the only place they could get a good picture of that steer, or maybe they are trying to make his butt look bigger. IDK, it just depends on what you want to inferr from it. TO me, he needs more muscle and thats why the pic is taken at an angle to the shoulder. JMO And yes, I would have to say that all of the steers I have seen come out of CO, they raise some of the best ;-)

The Joe Who looks like he lacks muscle. Anything decent will go high. Be sure you look at structure CAREFULLY!!!