Figuring out what my bulls are

Help Support CattleToday:

breannae28

Reaction score
I have no clue what breed my boys are. They started out black they get more brown everyday. They aren't pure angus because they are growing horns. I think they're angus crossed with shorthorn but my fiancé disagrees. Is there a test that can be done or something? I've searched through pictures for a long time and the closest I can find is angus/shorthorn

breannae28 said:
I have no clue what breed my boys are. They started out black they get more brown everyday. They aren't pure angus because they are growing horns. I think they're angus crossed with shorthorn but my fiancé disagrees. Is there a test that can be done or something? I've searched through pictures for a long time and the closest I can find is angus/shorthorn

You have no clue what's in that woodpile with horns. Everything is just a guess.
Pictures would help.

You can do a DNA test. I know nothing about it but it seems to be a bid deal now for the purebred guys to verify the percentage of their cattle. Anything else is just guessing but a picture posted here might narrow down the choices.

Welcome to the board. Tell us where you are at and about your animals. Also you have to make 5 posts I think before they will let you put up a picture.

Latest posts