Fiberglass feed bunks

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
Has anybody used fiberglass feed bunks? I saw some at the state fair today, didn't get a price because could not find the rep it was raining so no one in his tent.

Curious if they will last and if they will give splinters to the cattle these were 20 feet long and 3-4 feet wide. They look like they would work great in a pasture setting with my bale processor eliminate a lot of waste.

Jeff

The ones I've seen don;t have the splinter problems until they get cracked from a cow stepping in one. Then they're awfull.

i use the poly uratane feed troughs.they are 1 peice feed troughs.an they last for years.we have 4 feed troughs that are 1 to 5yrs old an they look like new troughs.

bigbull338":1sqxs2mn said:
i use the poly uratane feed troughs.they are 1 peice feed troughs.an they last for years.we have 4 feed troughs that are 1 to 5yrs old an they look like new troughs.

Do you know the brand name for those troughs?

I've used a couple of different brands of the poly troughs, they're not too bad. The one piece ones will have the bottom warp and it's hard to get the snow cleaned out of them and the drain holes won;t end up in a low spot, the ones that are multiple pieces will come apart and trying to get the piece back in to stay is a real pain. The biggest problem I've had is the metal bottom frame getting bent or rusting out.

i dont know the name of them.but i get them at my local coop.i think TSC may carry them as well.

Well I priced those 20 foot bunks at the fair thought they were going to have to carry me out on a stretcher. 1150 dollars per bunk holy cow. I was hoping to get two or three not now. I did find out that they coat them with an enamel paint to protect them from the sun.

Jeff

Latest posts