FI TO ANGUS

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I HAVE THESE 2 RANCHS ON ONE HAVE F1 HEREFORD X BRAHAMA COWS CROSS TO A HEREFORD AND BLACK BRANGUS BULLS, DO YOU THINK WILL BE OK TO TAKE A COUPLE OF THESE STEERS FOR BULLS TO THE OTHER RANCH WHERE HAVE BLACK ANGUS AND CHAROLAIS COWS AND TO WHISH WILL BE BETER CROSS. ALL MY COWS ARE COMERCIAL AND MY BULLS ARE REGISTRED. ANY COMENTS WILL HELP. TANKS

Just my opinion, but it won't do you much good to take any breed or cross steer for a bull. The bull parts should be missing! :)

JFH":5qtlw9nd said:
I HAVE THESE 2 RANCHS ON ONE HAVE F1 HEREFORD X BRAHAMA COWS CROSS TO A HEREFORD AND BLACK BRANGUS BULLS, DO YOU THINK WILL BE OK TO TAKE A COUPLE OF THESE STEERS FOR BULLS TO THE OTHER RANCH WHERE HAVE BLACK ANGUS AND CHAROLAIS COWS AND TO WHISH WILL BE BETER CROSS. ALL MY COWS ARE COMERCIAL AND MY BULLS ARE REGISTRED. ANY COMENTS WILL HELP. TANKS
I may be wrong about this, but I think that this poster is talking about saving a couple of bulls back instead of steering them and using them for bulls, which I would disagree with. I firmly believe in using purebred bulls as the herd sires.
No point in dunking someone who doesn't speak English or express themselves as well as some others.

JFH:

My answer is it depends on how you select the calves that you will use as bulls. I happen to raise registered angus, feed out a high percentage of my calves and get carcass data back on them. A man I know fed out a crossbred steer which graded Prime with a Yield Grade of 1. I wish I had that animal in my pasture as a cleanup bull! I think we will see more crossbred bulls used as breeding bulls as more people get carcass data.

beef":3f2fcjeu said:
JFH:

My answer is it depends on how you select the calves that you will use as bulls. I happen to raise registered angus, feed out a high percentage of my calves and get carcass data back on them. A man I know fed out a crossbred steer which graded Prime with a Yield Grade of 1. I wish I had that animal in my pasture as a cleanup bull! I think we will see more crossbred bulls used as breeding bulls as more people get carcass data.
Crossbred bulls, unless they are Angus X Hereford or other british crosses will not ever give the constincy to grade a high percentage of choice or prime. You can get a high YG but not a High Q.G.

la4angus":1u1ypbtv said:
beef":1u1ypbtv said:
JFH:

Crossbred bulls, unless they are Angus X Hereford or other british crosses will not ever give the constincy to grade a high percentage of choice or prime. You can get a high YG but not a High Q.G.
TANKS, YOU ALL MADE SO CLEAR TO ME

Latest posts