Few Photos of the "hobby farm"

Help Support CattleToday:

HobbyFarm

Reaction score
Beefmaster heifer, don't know if we should call her a midget or not, but she is 4 months old, 27" tall and about 55 pounds
182031.jpg

4 Month old "Frank"
182845.jpg

5month old "Bambi"
182413.jpg

Didn't get a individual pic of the beefmaster bull calf, but here is a pic of 3 of them to give you a size comparison. All 3 in this pic are within a could weeks of each other
183007.jpg

Another "group"
182520.jpg

And the grand ole lady of the place, 15 year old Momma
182904.jpg

That beefmaster heifer is ready isn't she?!? How do you like the chain link fence? Have any trouble with them rubbing on it?

Those Holsteins look really good. You've done a very nice job raising them - congrats.

Are you bambi_boy's mom?

HobbyFarm":32fcec7y said:
Beefmaster heifer, don't know if we should call her a midget or not, but she is 4 months old, 27" tall and about 55 pounds
182031.jpg

4 Month old "Frank"
182845.jpg

5month old "Bambi"
182413.jpg

Didn't get a individual pic of the beefmaster bull calf, but here is a pic of 3 of them to give you a size comparison. All 3 in this pic are within a could weeks of each other
183007.jpg

Another "group"
182520.jpg

And the grand ole lady of the place, 15 year old Momma
182904.jpg
:shock: yeah blieve it'll be ok to haul off and call her a midget

HobbyFarm":1u7lt5q8 said:
182031.jpg

She wouldn't be much of a midget if she grew into those ears!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Yes, I am bambi_boy's mom. She (Taylor) has been banned from the board from her dad & I. Kids...what are you going to do with them?? At least she takes care of her animals very well without much back sas!

I was asked to take Minnie Mouse as we call her (go figure on the name...seemed to fit) by a friend who has a large operation of beefmasters. Another go figure, her mother was culled due to this was the second year she had a VERY small calf - the one last year was still born. She knew that I really didn't care about the size, as I don't have any plans for this to become a business, and she knew that I would take care of her. Believe it or not, she is 4 months old, almost 5. She is a week older than the bull calf beefmaster. Maybe we should put her in Ripleys :lol: :shock: :lol: His mother was culled due to very low milk production.

Sounds like a possible PI calf to me. BVD Sucks

Ok - Stupid cow owner of 5 months, what does that mean?

(edited to correct the stupid poster - that would be me.... quess I should proof read) (gee can one person be stupid twice in one post???)***no need to answer :oops:

BVD is one of the viruses we vaccinate for; if a pregnant cow is exposed to the virus during a certain point of gestation (1st trimester) the unborn calf will often accept the virus as "self" since its immune system isn't working and capable of fighting off infection. If the calf survives to birth we call them "persistantly infected (PI) calves". PI animals will always shed the BVD virus throughout their life and can never be cured since their immune system doesn't see the BVD virus as a problem.

She might just be a dwarf. Hard to say. You could always have her tested for BVD-PI if you're concerned.

Latest posts