limftw

Reaction score
1st Calf heifer 50/50 Lim-Flex w/ new standard calf on her
photo2.jpg

Been a dry year here hopefully we don't get sent home early :drink:
photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Those are some good pictures limftw. Where are you located? My guess is Colorado. Wherever you are I hope you get some rain soon. It's dry here in Ohio too.

Southwest Colorado. Yeah we finally got a good rain here today... enough to wash the main irrigation ditch out.

I just flew to Denver yesterday from Florida, and couldn't believe how dry it was... We drove to Vail, and right before we hit the mountains, the rain came down heavy. It rained here in Vail today, but not heavy at all....

Beautiful countryside in your pictures. Put on a hat so you don't have skin cancer issues when you get old like me...!!!! :)

I can't keep a damn hat on chasing cows through all that damn oak brush! We had almost an inch of rain on Friday.

@wbv - we run all our cattle on the Uncompaghre National Forest via a permit. The forest service has the ultimate say on when we go up there and when we have to come down. On a drought year like this its not uncommon for them to just drive by and see one cow in a burned out park next to the road and lay all the blame on the cattle.

Good elk unit,I think my son drew a cow tag there this fall.
His father-in-law was raised in Montrose.

limftw":s16qis85 said:
I can't keep a be nice hat on chasing cows through all that be nice oak brush! We had almost an inch of rain on Friday.

@wbv - we run all our cattle on the Uncompaghre National Forest via a permit. The forest service has the ultimate say on when we go up there and when we have to come down. On a drought year like this its not uncommon for them to just drive by and see one cow in a burned out park next to the road and lay all the blame on the cattle.

Here is another prime example of uninformed and inexperienced greenhorns attempting to 'run the Government' and not knowing what the he[[ they are doing, or what should be done!

DOC HARRIS

Sounds a bit like our high alpine country. Cattlemen used to take their cattle up into the high country over summer then bring them back to their home blocks for winter. Generations of cattlemen were doing it, that is until the greenies got their way. Their was a lot of history in it, and the cattle did no harm to the vegetation, but as usual the greenies get their way.
Ken

I bowhunted that unit back around 1990 and remember only seeing a couple of small ponds so does water get scarce there?

The permit itself is several thousand acres so it just depends which part we are in. Water can be scarce but by July we end up in a basin with several natural springs and ponds... there is so much brush you could walk by one and not know its there.

Took this photo earlier in the summer... parked our trailer at a pond and came back to find cows getting in the trailer ready to go home.
IMG_0188.jpg

She is out of a 50/50 Limflex bull we bought from Coleman Limousin in 2010. He was a member of the NWSS Reserve Champion Limflex Pen... goes back to COLE First Down and GAR Precision 1680. The mother is a JCL Lodestar daughter.