Few of Old Limi Bulls calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks for the nice comments on the calves. They are pretty standard calves out of the old boy, they got good mommas to. I don't care what kinda bull you got if momma don't do her job it won't work. There is 25 calves in that pasture and they are all about alike.

I tell you Santas and Durham Reds I have seen some Limi crosses with a little ear that looked pretty good. With so many good breeds of cattle that good crosses can be made with why dose everbody seem to think they got to be black. I guess i am just stubborn but a black cow is just to hard to see after dark.

I agree about the black. I don't understand why they don't call them Limflexes since essentially that is what they are. I know its a percentage thing, Santas do it too with the Star5 program, but at least with the Santas they have to be red before they are called Santas. We have a few Santa Limi crosses and we like'em. One we like to call ocho 'cuz his tag is #8. We have debated showing him as a star5 calf and possibly using him commercially.

There is some that is suspose to purebred limousin that is getting low enough in the precentage that they are closer to limflex. Most of the blacks that are in the shows don't even resemble a Limi.