Fever ?

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Not cow but me! Anyway, how many of you when you have a fever let it run it's course or take medication for it? I almost always let it run it's course in hopes it naturally fight off the sickness and build immunity for next time I'm exposed to the same germ or whatever it is. Maybe someone has better info or knowledge to instruct me better. I usually don't go to the dr. because they charge a ton and just give me some antibiotic or nothing. I forgot how bad it makes you feel for your temp to just be 3-4 degrees above normal, mine is 102. The body is an amazing thing. Oh yeah, I force myself to drink a full glass of water about every 45 minutes even if I don't feel like it. Can you tell I'm bored and feel bad? HA! :frowns:

102 is too high for me to just tough it out. I take tylenol or asparin at 100 because i always get bad body aches and chills with even a mild fever. I dont go see the doc unless its bad sinuses that dont clear up or bad swelling of my tonsils that dont clear up. Thats only been twice in the last ten years

I don't go to the doctor for colds, flus or fevers and it's surprising to me how many other people do. I'll use ibuprofen or liquid cold medicine for comfort, but a cold wet wash cloth on the forehead and some chicken soup works wonders too. The saying goes, "Feed a fever, starve a cold."

Turned out to be Strep, fever comes and goes. Only about 100 right now, last night 102.9--man my lower back ached like a bear was grabbing a hold of it! Getting better though, when you have 4 small children you just don't have time to be sick.

tncattle":3be9pn4v said:
Turned out to be Strep, fever comes and goes. Only about 100 right now, last night 102.9--man my lower back ached like a bear was grabbing a hold of it! Getting better though, when you have 4 small children you just don't have time to be sick.

Did you share it with the 4 kids?

Kathie in Thorp":z5ag76pu said:
tncattle":z5ag76pu said:

Did you share it with the 4 kids?

Hope not but you never really know for sure, time will tell.

tncattle":zojdbrgs said:
Not cow but me! Anyway, how many of you when you have a fever let it run it's course or take medication for it? I almost always let it run it's course in hopes it naturally fight off the sickness and build immunity for next time I'm exposed to the same germ or whatever it is. Maybe someone has better info or knowledge to instruct me better. I usually don't go to the dr. because they charge a ton and just give me some antibiotic or nothing. I forgot how bad it makes you feel for your temp to just be 3-4 degrees above normal, mine is 102. The body is an amazing thing. Oh yeah, I force myself to drink a full glass of water about every 45 minutes even if I don't feel like it. Can you tell I'm bored and feel bad? HA! :frowns:

Yeah I'm like that too but my dad said something to me one time that made me think. He said "you wouldn't do your cattle like that" and I think he is right, how many times have I talked about how important it is to vaccinate cattle, but yet I don't want go get a flu shot, not because of cost, not because I don't like shots, but because I don't want to take the time to go do it. So I think if I told you I had a steer that his temp was 4 degrees over normal (105-106), you would say "why haven't you treated him".

Sadly to say the way you started off treating your own illness is not good, even sadder is that me and a bunch of others are right there with you.

Larry

The more I red up on human fever the more I realize it isn't a bad thing, it's God's design to rid the body of the harmful invader that has triggered the sickness. I understand your comparing to cattle but to me that's so different because that is something tied directly to making us some $. With my body I'm trying to figure out what's best for it in the long run. The more immunity I build up hopefully the better I'll be able to fight it when I'm older. That happened not too long ago with one of those flu strains, they said people over 65 didn't need to get vaccinated for it because they were exposed to it when young and could fight off with their own immune system.