Fertilizer prices??

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
I priced some Urea Saturday. Meant to call back and book it, remember today and it had went up $40 a ton. Not sure about the rest but all I use in the spring is urea. Any one else seen the jump?

I use DAP instead of urea as I've got enough legumes to negate much additional nitrogen need. I'm prepaying on Friday at MFA although I haven't priced any of it since Tuesday. Prices were cheaper overall than I expected, including lime.

I use DAP instead of urea as I've got enough legumes to negate much additional nitrogen need. I'm prepaying on Friday at MFA although I haven't priced any of it since Tuesday. Prices were cheaper overall than I expected, including lime.
I don't need the phosphorus so can't do that.

I converted almost 2/3 of my farmland to adaptive rotational grazing, using that as a part of my crop rotation as my "fertilizer plan". Coop hardly knows I exist anymore, outside of an occasional stop for some salt and mineral. Salesmen stopped calling on me 2 years ago. Downside? I've almost gotten to having to buy my coats and caps now.

Urea was $ 385 a ton Saturday. Last October it was $ 400 a ton.

I converted almost 2/3 of my farmland to adaptive rotational grazing, using that as a part of my crop rotation as my "fertilizer plan". Coop hardly knows I exist anymore, outside of an occasional stop for some salt and mineral.
Grazing while taking a fertility credit is much better than losing money on corn, but I think many folks will be tempted to plant beans this spring.

Bought fertilizer and twine as the Manager said you better get now. I checked my fuel tank and it was half full so a few more fill-ups and I will get ASAP.

Triple 19 was $455/ton
Round baler twine $44.60/bag 16000/feet

Last edited:

Latest posts