Fertilizer prices??

Help Support CattleToday:

Even posted a picture of yourself.

If anybody wants to know what Kenny looks like, every time I see a picture of this guy (reminds me of Kenny), Kenny around the same age, looked a lot like him, beard and all. I have know Kenny many years.

View attachment 1795
If Kenny can fight like McGregor we had all better be shaking in our boots.

I'm betting he's a pretty tough nut to crack myself.

Urea was $1180 a ton today then $9.00 an acre to spread. All in cost me $90 an acre to put down 60# of N an acre. Last year I put down a 70-30-70 for $94 an acre IIRC. Sprinkling rain as they left the field and been raining all afternoon. Hopefully it went in not off!

Found my reciept while doing my taxes for 2021 where I bought fertilizer. Makes me sad to look how cheap it was but seemed high then.
Wish ya had bought a couple semi loads now don't ya?

Paid $975 last week for urea to go on wheat. No way I'm paying that to go one grass.

Wish ya had bought a couple semi loads now don't ya?

Paid $975 last week for urea to go on wheat. No way I'm paying that to go one grass.
I gave $630 last August for Urea to put on stockpile fescue. Not sure I can do that this year but it's still cheaper than feeding hay all winter. Looks like I'm going to feed 30-35 days this winter.

How many applications per year?
Usually just one for me. If I were making small sq.s for horses I would topdress another 50# or so after each cut. Really hard to justify even a single application at that price but sure can't afford to hit it twice.

I put 3 tons of 30-10-0 on Bermuda field last week. 1000.00 per ton. Expensive yes but I can't see it being cheaper than not putting any.
Will start planting hybrid Sudan any day. Same deal. I can't see doing it halfazz as being a good option.

Need tonnage to pay for per acre mechanical harvest costs.
Other option is to go grazing - - but cows are overhead too unless they are one and dones.
Having cows plus some basic spreading, clipping, handling, feeding, water, fence, equipment adds up.

Latest posts