Fertilizer price

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Anyone pricing fertilizer yet for the fall? The post about stockpiling got me to thinking that it is time to start pricing. Need a couple ton of nitrogen for the fescue in the next three weeks. Then I want to put out the P&K on in October.

I was priced at $166.00 per acre for the full meal deal. Turned that down.... going to lime this fall, then chicken poop in the spring.

kenny thomas":26iq4lus said:
Anyone pricing fertilizer yet for the fall? The post about stockpiling got me to thinking that it is time to start pricing. Need a couple ton of nitrogen for the fescue in the next three weeks. Then I want to put out the P&K on in October.

Recently paid $273 per ton for 24-13-0 liquid.

Urea is down to U$S 350 to 375 per ton and they are running propane "sales" here.
Potash is staying high at 700 per ton. Seems like the Canadians will continue to cut production to maintain pricing power, and the alfalfa hay producers are trying to follow suit.

I found the best way to reduce fertilizer cost is to soil test at the time of year when your values are the highest :cboy: This is even cheaper than liming.

kenny thomas":2idu8v8p said:
Do you use the turkey litter to stockpile fescue? Wish i had access to it here.
I use the turkey litter for everything
I apply 1-1.5 tons per acre pr yr to my pastures and I apply 2 -2.5 tons to my hayfields and if I have the ground worked up for rye I apply 3 tons to those areas
I apply all of mine in the fall I have done spring and fall applications and I seem to get better results with the fall app
on a few hayfields I apply N in the spring just to boost them a little more

Stocker Steve":ekwxky88 said:
This is even cheaper than liming.

But, if your ph is off as bad as ours, nothing works well without liming. We get so much of that "acid rain" that liming is almost mandatory every couple of years.

Angus Cowman, what is the going price per ton in your area? Do you get an analysis? Do they weigh every truckload?

newrancher":1rjuglpz said:
Angus Cowman, what is the going price per ton in your area? Do you get an analysis? Do they weigh every truckload?
it is costing around $34 per ton delivered and spread and yes I get a way ticket on every load and the annalysis on it this yr was 74-86-48 and the ph was 8.8 this was with 20% moisture on dry matter I would have to look at the sheet

No need,I was just curious. That's a good price, especially spread.I was asking because there are some outfits in this area that only weigh one load and stamp a weeks worth of tickets on that weight, they cheat the farmer they are buying it from and the guy they are selling to. Not trying to insult your intelligence, just wanted to make sure you were getting a fair deal. We're hauling mostly to the crop farmers right now, but we don't spread anymore. Just got an order for 15,000 tons, gonna be busy for a few weeks, thank goodness.

Anguscowman

As percentages being a easier to understand method. It would be 3.7 - 4.3 - 2.4 right?

Latest posts